Weather Changes, We don't

"The scariest thing about distance is that you don't know if they'll miss you or forget you." - The Notebook

- - - -

You found out how you know you love someone. You wish that he were there to experience the same little things you were experienceing and when you realize he isn't, your heart breaks into a million little pieces. And it was just simple little everyday things. The sunset. You know he would made a big deal about a beautiful sunset. When you saw those two dogs playing yesterday. He would've laughed. And you expected to hear his voice and his laughter, right beside you. But I wasn't. It was half way around the world. And every time you thought about it, it killed you a little bit more.

You've found yourself stopping and wondering, at least eight times a day, if he ever thinks to himself, "Wow, I really miss her." Because you do. You miss him more than anything you've ever missed before.

You've taken to keeping your computer on at all times. In case he ever Skype's you. Will, Ki and Dylan Skype you sometimes too. It's good to hear from them all, but Thomas....well, Thomas is different.

You sigh as you sweep your kitchen. It's sunny outside. It hasn't rained since Thomas left, a week and a half ago. You miss the rain. Somehow you, Thomas and rain all have a connection. You know that if it rained you would feel as if Thomas was closer. Maybe even that he was there with you.

You look out your window at the cheerful blue sky, wondering how it could possibly be cheerful without Thomas here. Distracted from your task of sweeping, you pull out your phone and look at your wall paper. It's of you, Thomas, Dylan Ki and Will. Dylan and Ki are making funny faces and you Thomas and Will are all in deep laughter. You miss that day. The day you took that photo. It was just a normal day with nothing extra-ordinary about it. Which was what made it wonderful.

You hear your Skype ringing from the other room. You jump, gasping a bit as you quickly lean your broom againt the counter and speed-walk into your living room. You find your laptop is sitting in the corner of the room. You jog over and find Wills picture popped up on the screen. You're a little disappointed, but you really want to talk to Will.

Ah, Will.

You quickly answer, "WILL!"

His face appears on screen, looking a little blurry, but coming into focus quickly, "Hey, Iris!"

"Oh, my gosh. It feels like forever since I've seen you!" You smile.

"I know. Crazy it's only been a week and a half, eh?" He says nodding.

"It is. Anyway, how are you? How's London? Good to be back?"

He shrugs, "I'm great. I miss America. London's great. It is good to be back. I missed my friends over here. And my Mum. Plus my neighbors dog, Sparkles. Sparkles and I, we have a deep connection."

You smirk, "Meaning the two of you hate each other?"

"Pretty much." He chuckles.

"What breed of dog?" You ask.

"She's a pug." He says distastefully.

"Pugs are cute!"

"Not when they're visious and evil." Will says, "Seriously, forget Pittbulls. Pugs are the real warriors."

You laugh, "I'll keep that in mind."

There's a thoughtful pause.

"Have you ever been to London?" Will asks.