Best

Thomas has been acting weird lately. Jumpy. And nervous. And jittery. And it was really starting to worry you.

You recline on the couch on set, watching Thomas and the others act out their scenes.

Dylan spits out the drink Thomas had handed him only moments ago.

"What is this!?" He asks with disgust.

Thomas chuckeles, "Dunno. Gally's secret recipe."

It was actually just colored water. It tasted fine, but Dylan actually thought it was gross to be drinking it so it made the scene even better.

Off to the side Shea and Sarah are mouthing words to each other. They look excited and are gesturing more than usual. They see you watching them and they smile and share a knowing glance.

Okay, something's up.

Kaya stands off to the side, just watching the set.

You sigh quietly. And go back to your book. You wish you knew what was going on.

- - - -

It's lunch break when Thomas comes over and sits next to you. You're texting your sister and are a little too busy to notice until he clears his throat.

You look up, "Oh, hey Tom. What's going on?"

He looks at you cautiously, "....Nothing....Why would you ask that?"

You shrug, "You've just been acting a little....unusual today."

You say it casually but inside your a nervous wreak. There's obviously something wrong. What if he tells you the two of you are just on a friend basis? Even though the whole "I feel like giving you a hug thing" the other night. Although friends wouldn't be bad but....What if he tells you he has a GIRLFRIEND? Wouldn't that be a cheerful surprise?

"No, I'm chipper! Fine as a daisy! Yep...that's me. Totally not....unusual." He chuckles nervously.

You lean over to him, "You know you can tell me anything, right?"

He looks you in the eyes, "Yeah, I know."

"Good...." You say awkwardly looking away.

He sighs, "Can I ask you a question?"

"Hmmmm?" You mumble.

He gives himself a pained discouraged expression and starts, "Would you...." He stops himself and clears his throat, "Where would you say would be the best place....to spend family time?" He looks at his lap angrily before he snaps his head back up to you trying to look casual.

This is really weird.

"Family time?" You ask.

"Yup." He smiles.

"Um, I don't know. Either outside on a hike or at home playing games. Why do you ask?"

"Just....the question game thing." He stutters, "Your turn."

You shake your head, "Okay....um, what's your favorite sports team?"

He looks at you confused, "I dunno. I don't really have a favorite. I just root for whatever team is winning so at the end of the game I can say my team won."

You laugh, "That's terrible! You seriously do that?"

He smiles at you, "Well, yeah. Might as well say you bloody won."