Arthur Morgan: Together

Arthur Morgan X Female Reader

Summary: After getting separated in Blackwater, you finally managed to find Arthur again.

Word Count: 1800

Colter was cold, and that was an understatement. The Van der Linde gang had managed to find themselves there in the middle of a snowstorm and everyone was freezing, complaining and shivering. However, for Arthur, it was cold for a whole other reason.

The weather and the temperature, Arthur could have dealt with if he could share your warmth of a night. But he couldn't because you weren't here. Colter wouldn't have felt half as cold if you were here, you would have made it better, made it easier.

Arthur could barely sleep, partly because he was shivering but also because it didn't feel right to not have you in his arms, to be able to see your face. He couldn't get any proper rest because he was thinking about you, worrying about you.

He had no idea where you were, what you were doing, or if you were alright. He hoped more than anything that you were alive and well, that you would see each other again soon, that you would find each other. But Arthur never was much of an optimist.

-----

The Van der Linde gang had moved from the snowy mountains now, setting up camp at Horseshoe Overlook. The gang were certainly happier here, mostly just because they weren't freezing to death.

Arthur and John had left the camp that morning, heading out to run a job that Dutch had sent them on. It was the afternoon now and the two men had been heading back to the camp when they got ambushed by a group of O'Driscolls.

Their horses had run off, spooked by the gunshots, leaving the two men to take cover behind a rock while the O'Driscolls approached from the trees on the other side of the dirt road.

So many shots were being fired from both sides that none of them really noticed another gun added to the mix until they saw O'Driscolls dropping down when they hadn't shot at them. Arthur and John continued to fire back at the rival gang, not risking looking around for whoever was helping them.

Once the gunshots came to an end and the O'Driscolls had all been dealt with, Arthur and John came out from behind their cover. They both turned to look in the direction of whoever had swept in to help them out.

Both of the men paused at the sight of you standing in front of them, holstering your gun as your horse wandered back towards you.

"Y/n?" John asked first because Arthur was speechless, only staring at you as if he was trying to decide whether he was actually seeing you or not.

"Hey..." you smiled awkwardly, despite the relieve that you felt from knowing that they were both alright.

"God, we were beginning to think that something real bad had happened to you" John confessed with a sigh, glancing at the other men who still hadn't spoke.

"When we got separated, I had to find somewhere to lay low. Lawmen and bounty hunters were sniffing around and I had no idea where any of you had gone. I waited until everything settled down before starting my search. I heard that you were all down here so I came looking...guess I was in the right place at the right time" you explained everything to them as well but as simply as you could.

"Where have you been?" Arthur asked before John could speak again.

"An abandoned cabin outside of Blackwater. Then I tracked you all up to Colter, I heard about the train robbery and found the camp but it was empty...then my search led me here" you told him, for some reason feeling nervous under his gaze.