Javier Escuella: Bounty

Javier Escuella X Female Reader

Summary: You're a bounty hunter and your target is the one and only Javier Escuella. The only problem is that he wasn't exactly what you were expecting, and you definitely didn't expect to become fond of the outlaw.

Word Count: 4800

Stepping into the saloon, you glanced around casually. There was a poker game going on in the back corner, a few groups of patrons sitting at various tables, and three individual patrons sitting at the bar with a couple of stools in between each of them. Nobody in the bar caught your interest beside the man sitting at the far end of the bar, that was the man you were looking for.

He looked pretty similar to his wanted poster, perhaps a few years older, a little more matured. Yet still very recognisable.

Not looking at him for any longer than you needed too, you turned your attention back to the bar and walked over to it. Taking a seat at the opposite end of the bar to your bounty.

You ordered a drink to blend in with the other patrons and waited. You were just finishing your drink when you noticed movement at the other end of the bar. Watching out of the corner of your eye, your bounty stood and began to walk around the bar. You expected him to head towards the door but instead he walked right up to you.

"Can I buy you another drink?" he asked, making you look up at him properly. He was looking down at you with a charming and welcoming smile, you knew that there was just something about him that could put a stranger to ease but you knew him so you weren't fooled.

"That's very kind...sure" you nodded, curious as to where this was going to go.

The man's smile grew a little as he asked the bartender for two more drinks, taking a seat beside you. Neither of you spoke as the bartender placed your drinks down in front of you and the man beside you paid. It was almost cruel to let him pay for it but then again you figured that it wouldn't matter in the long run.

"A woman armed to the teeth like you are is bound to get people's attention" the man beside you hummed, his full attention on you.

"Is that your way of saying that I got your attention?" you asked, cocking an eyebrow at him.

"It might be" he shrugged as he took a sip from his glass, not even bothering to hide his smirk. You just chuckled and shook your head at him, sipping from your own drink.

"Well thank you...Mr Escuella" you responded with a smirk of your own, instantly noticing how he tensed out of the corner of your eye.

"Have we met?" Javier's smirk was no longer on his face as he looked at you curiously, and a little cautiously.

"No" you answered simply.

"But you know who I am?" he asked, squinting slightly.

"I do. There is a high price on your head, Mr Escuella" you informed him, casually taking another drink.

"Well that explains why you look ready for a gunfight. Let me guess, a bounty hunter?" Javier hummed as he turned his attention back to his drink. Admittedly, you were a little impressed by how relaxed he seemed.

"A clever man" you didn't even try to hide your sarcasm in your town. "Still paying for this drink?" you asked, looking at him.

"Sure, what's the harm?" Javier shrugged. His answer caught you by surprise a little bit but you just shrugged and continued to enjoy your drink.

"You're not an easy man to find" you commented after a short moment of silence.

"But you found me" Javier pointed out.