Javier Escuella: Don't Pull Away

Javier Escuella X Female Reader

Summary: A little oneshot based on the prompt: "Wait, don't pull away...not yet, please"

Word Count: 800

Lakay wasn't the perfect camp but everyone was grateful for finding the place, it was better than any alternative any of you could see.

When Charles had returned from the bank job, he told you all what had happened but none of you knew what had happened to the other men. Javier, Arthur, Dutch, Bill, and Micah had all gone missing. You just hoped that they were hiding out somewhere and haven't met a worse fate.

Not having much time to mourn or truly process what was happening, Sadie, Charles, and you had worked on getting the rest of the gang away from Shady Belle before anyone camp looking for you all.

Lakay may not have been perfect but it would have been a whole lot better if Javier was here. Or if you at least knew he was alright.

It was around midday now and you were standing outside the building, cutting vegetables and helping Pearson with the stew.

The sound of somebody approached made you both look up nervously, wasn't there anyone on guard duty?

In one instant all your nerves disappeared and you froze as the man came into clear view. A part of you didn't even recognise him at first, he barely looked like himself. You had no idea where he had been but it looked like it must have been rough. But still, it was him and that's all that mattered.

"Javier" you placed the knife down before moving out from behind the table. Your voice came out quieter than you expected but he still heard you.

"Y/n" Javier sounded relieved as he walked into the camp, looking at nothing but you.

You couldn't help yourself, you just ran right up to him and threw your arms around his neck. He stumbled slightly but quickly found his balance, wrapping his arms around you and holding you tight against him. Without hesitation, Javier buried his face into the crook of your neck and you buried your face in his hair, not caring if it was dirty.

"I missed you so much" you confessed, whispering into his hair so that only he could hear you. "I'm so glad you're alright" you ran your fingers through his hair. "C'mon, let's get you sorted out" you began to pull away from him, figuring that he would want to sit down and get some proper rest.

He needed something to eat and drink, he might need some wounds tending to, and he needed to wash up. Then he would need some rest. You just wanted to take care of him

"Wait, don't pull away...not yet, please" Javier pleaded as he pulled you back into him, holding you even more securely.

"Not yet" you agreed, holding him again as he continued to hide he face in your neck. "Not ever" you promised.

"I love you" Javier whispered, pressing a kiss to your shoulder.

"I love you too" you pressed a kiss to his temple.

Just liked Javier pleaded, you both stayed like that for a while. The others came out to see what was going on but you didn't care in the slightest, you had Javier back and if they all wanted to stand around and stare, they could. All you could worry about was the man that was finally back in your arms, alive and well.

- - - - -

By the time the evening arrived, things had calmed down. You had gotten Javier something to eat and drink, and as he ate he told you about what had happened, all about Guarma. Thankfully, all of his wounds had been tended too already and he would be fine. Then you got him all washed up, making him look like himself again. A shave and a slight hair cut had him feeling much better.

Night came and you and Javier made yourselves comfortable on your bed, facing each other and just looking at each other. You had your hand on his cheek, gently caressing and brushing your thumb along his jaw, comforting him. His arm was wrapped around your waist, holding you as if he was afraid you were going to disappear.

"I'm not going anywhere" you assured him, not needing him to verbalise his thoughts.

"Gracias mi amor" Javier murmured as he shifted closer, resting his chest on your chest as you played with his hair.

You meant every word you said. You weren't going anywhere. Too much time had already passed where you and Javier were separated, neither of you could go through that again, not with so much uncertainty.

Once morning came the rest of the missing gang members would return and it wouldn't be long before the gang moved camp once again. During all of this, Javier would be by your side. After this, he wasn't going to let you out of his sight, he wasn't going to risk losing you again.

Requests?