Kieran Duffy: We'll be Fine Part 2

Kieran Duffy X Male Reader

Summary: You're both still adjusting to life with the Van der Linde gang and all seems to be going well. At least until Micah stumbles upon your secret.

WARNINGS: Micah is a homophobe, period typical homophobia

Word Count: 3700

Life with the Van der Linde gang was certainly better than with the O'Driscolls. Most of the people in the camp were kind enough, others had warmed up to you, some were still reluctant to trust either of you but at least they weren't beating you up anymore.

Kieran was still caring for the horses but he hadn't even asked to be tasked with something else, he liked caring for the horses and you just thought that was kinda sweet. You, on the other hand, had asked Dutch to trust you with some different work. He had been hesitant to let you run jobs and had paired you up with Arthur, making sure he would keep an eye on you. But you had proved yourself, earned his trust enough to be sent after some smaller scores alone. That was fine by you for now.

You rode into the camp and dismounted your horse, instantly being greeted by Kieran who took the reins from your hands and ran his hand over your horse's mane. Sometimes you weren't sure whether he liked you or your horse more.

"Gonna look after my girl?" you asked, already knowing the answer. He would never let anything happen to her.

"'course" Kieran nodded with a smile.

"I'm going to give Dutch the camp's share of the score, I'll be right back" you told him.

"Okay" Kieran nodded again, expecting you to just walk away. Instead you glanced around, seeing that nobody was looking, before pressing a quick kiss to Kieran's temple. His face turning a bright shade of red as you walked away.

Just like you said you would, you went to see Dutch and handed over the camp's share of the score before returning to the horses to spend the afternoon with Kieran.

"How was the job?" Kieran asked as he tended to one of the horses, glancing over his shoulder at you. You would have helped him but you knew that he would do such a better job than you would, he didn't need your help.

"Pretty easy, nothing too exciting. Made some decent cash though. I could treat ya to dinner at the saloon in town" you offered. It sometimes bothered you that a saloon dinner was the best date you could offer him, it wasn't exactly anything too romantic.

"What a gentleman" Kieran rolled his eyes fondly, making you laugh.

"C'mon, I'm trying here!" you exclaimed, knowing that he was only messing with you.

"I know. And I'd like that" Kieran looked back at you with another smile.

"Got enough cash to pay for a bath as well" you wiggled your eyebrows suggestively at him, making him blush.

"That does sound nice" Kieran answered quietly, still smiling slightly to himself.

"Tomorrow?" you asked as you walked up to him.

"Sure" Kieran nodded. He was already looking forward to it.

He turned around and the two of you realised just how close you both were, just looking at each other. That was until the sound of somebody approaching made you both step away from each other and clear your throats. Bill just nodded at you both, thankfully oblivious, before mounting his horse and riding out of the camp.

"I...hate this" Kieran sighed, his gaze dropping to his feet.

"I know...so do I. It won't be like this forever" you attempted to comfort him but you also hated all the sneaking around, the fear of somebody finding out. As if these men needed anymore reason to hate you both.