𝐽𝑢𝑠𝑡 𝑇𝑎𝑙𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑔 - 𝐵𝑎𝑛𝑔 𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑛

imagine: chan decides to let you go after someone threatened you to keep you safe.

y/n's pov

ever since junior school, you'd focused your entire attention on one guy; bang chan. it was rare that he ever spoke to you when you were younger, but you felt flustered everytime he even tried to talk to you. it was just simple conversations; 'can i borrow a pen?' 'can i take your place in the canteen queue?' 'is it okay if my friends can have your food? they didn't eat today'.

obviously he didn't exactly say it like that, but every chance you had to speak to him...you took it. everytime. you ignored the fact that he was always so rude to you, and he always said how he 'never had the time to talk to misfits like you'. but, still, you took not the slightest bit of notice at his ignorant and, somehow, abusive behaviour.

once you got to high school everything changed.. he was nicer, you grew closer to him to the point where you were actually friends. he took time out of his day to help you study, who knew chan would be tutoring you?! you always thought it would end up being the complete opposite...

he would go to your house every friday night after school, and you would just sit and study for hours, your parents paid no attention and just left you to it, they weren't fond of chan which is why they continued to ignore the fact that you were friends with him.

every friday night he'd leave through the window at around 11pm to avoid seeing your parents. to you, it was like the perfect love story; he'd climb through your window, he was very protective of you around other people, especially guys, if he had the chance to get you something he'd take the chance, he constantly checked up on you to see if you were okay. you couldn't be more thankful for him. but...what would happen next? he'd spontaneously kiss you and you'd live happily ever after? you thought...

~

"mom! dad! i'm home!" you yelled as you pushed open the front door, nodding for chan to follow you in. "hm, they don't seem to be home..." you shrugged your shoulders, closing the door behind chan as you made your way up the stairs. you frowned as you heard silence, turning around to see chan looking around cautiously, "well, aren't you coming up?" you giggled, wandering up the stairs to your room.

"your room looks...bigger than usual." he chuckled, dropping his bad to the side of the bed as he sat down beside you.

"mmh," you nodded, "i moved a few things around. and i got rid of some things." you zipped open your school bag, pulling out your textbooks as you skimmed through the pages.

"wait!" he stood up, walking towards your desk, "where's the panda?!" he pointed to an empty space on the desk, his eyes widening.

when chan first started to tutor you, he always noticed the stuffed panda sitting in the corner of your desk beside your computer.

"oh, i threw it out." you smiled, shaking your head as you looked back down at your textbooks. "i've had it for...forever." you giggled, "i don't want it now."

he pouted, smiling as he walked back over to the bed.

you looked up at the sound of a phone buzzing, a notification appearing on either one of your phones. "are you not gonna get that?" you raised your brow, pointing to his lit up phone.

he nodded, unlocking his phone to read the message.

his eyes immediately went downcast, his head tilting downwards, "something wrong?"

he shook his head, putting his phone back into his pocket, "no...everything's fine. but, uh, we need to talk." he smiled sadly, watching you nod for him to proceed. "what do you think we are?"

"friends...? why do you ask?"

he nodded, "are you sure? that's all you think about this?"

"of course i've always hoped it could be something more... i'm not sure. what do you think about this?"

"friends. nothing more." he shrugged his shoulders.

you felt your heart slowly crack into two broken pieces. is that what he really thought? he always gave you that...idea, that he liked you.

"just friends?"

he nodded again, "yeah, just friends. if you ever thought it would be something more... you must be pretty stupid." he chuckled akwardly.

"excuse me?" you felt your heart sink even more.

"yeah, you heard me. look, i'm only friends with you to help tutor you. you clearly need it."

you felt your eyes start to water, and you chose not to stop yourself from getting upset. "just to tutor me? so, there's no reason why you're so protective? around guys? around girls? anyone!?"

he tutted, shaking his head, "guys think you're easy, they think you have a nice body so they'll try anything to get their hands down your pants." he looked at you in disgust, "and, as for the girls, have you not noticed how they're constantly on my back? flirting with me?" you nod, "exactly, if i'm sticking up for you and protecting you, they'd eventually get the idea that i like you, even if i don't."

"you're doing this for your own benefit?" you felt a tear crawl down your cheek, quickly smearing it away with your sleeve.

"get used to it. like i said, you're easy." he licked his bottom lip, biting the inside of his cheek.

"get out." you muttered under your breath. he squinted his eyes in confusion. you picked up his bag which lay beside your bed, throwing it at him, "did you not hear me?! i said get out!" you felt anger course through your body, you didn't know how to feel...

your heart shattered into pieces after hearing that... he was using you, the entire time.

"trust me...i'm doing this for you." his eyes watered, he quickly turned to the door, leaving you alone.

"if you were doing this for me...you would stay..." you murmured, hoping he couldn't hear you.

chan's pov

i shut the door behind me, the cold air of the outdoors drying the tear falling down my cheek.

i pulled my phone from my pocket, dialling a number.

chan:

i did it. now, let them go.

unknown caller:

good job, chan. i knew you could do it. hope she didn't shed too many tears.

chan:

you got what you wanted, let y/n's parents go. no one needs to be harmed.

unknown caller:

*laughs* don't worry, channie. they're safe on their way home.

chan:

if you lay a finger on her, i'll kill you.

unknown caller:

look, chan, i just needed you out of my way. now y/n will have more time for me seeing as you're no longer around. but, if you go back to her, or if you say anything, i'll kill her parents... and i'll kill her too. and you know i'll keep my word.

chan:

please don't hurt her... she means everything to me.

unknown caller:

and if she meant everything to you, you'd keep her safe by staying away.

——————————————————

a/n: i'm sorry this is kinda long hehe, they won't all be this long usually, probably under 1000 words..