Chapter 1: dead memories

Content warnings for the entire story:
gory depictions of violence, multiple weapon use, multiple character deaths, heavy bodily harm and blood, murder, suicidal thoughts and attempt, depression and anxiety, heavy coercion and manipulation, toxic relationships, descriptive physical and mental abuse by parents. Definitely mature in those aspects, read at your own risk!

Disclaimer: this is the first story I wrote on my account many years ago so it's not great I'm just warning you now! Also if you're looking for smut, there isn't any.

I hope you still enjoy :,)

-

The rays from the sun hit Mai's black curtains, making it bleed through enough to wake the young girl from her slumber.

Her cobalt blue hair fell from a high-bun as she lazily sat up in her warm comfortable bed. Her hair wasn't too long, it only fell an inch below her breasts.

The tiredness hit her instantly, causing the young girl to yawn and stretch out her pale arms. The clock read six in the morning, which meant it was time for her early morning training with her father.

Every time the blue-haired girl rose from her sleep, her mind remembered what her life consisted of, and she hated it. Each day felt like a long torturous never-ending loop.

The young girl wakes up at six, does her training, and goes home. But, it's simply much more complex and complicated than just that.

Nonetheless, she peeled herself from the only source of contentment she gets; which happens to be sleep.

Her pale feet dragged her to her dresser to pick out her usual ninja attire.

The young girls attire consisted of a cropped black tank with her clans symbol on the back, and a dark blue skirt which had a slit in the front of it, and a pair of black tight shorts that go underneath the skirt.

After getting dressed, Mai took white long bandages and carefully wrapped them around her right thigh.

Glancing at the time, which read six thirty, she decided she would have time to do her signature hairstyle. Some mornings, her father would come in and rush her, but she noticed how she had yet to hear his footsteps creeping up the stairs.

The young girl walked over to her vanity and plopped down on the black stool that sat in front of the mirror. Grabbing a black comb from one of the drawers, she parted her blue hair down the middle. Mai's fingers then French braided each side of her locks, so two braids fell slightly hitting each shoulder.

"Mai, don't you see the damn time? Six forty-five, Let's go right now!"

Mai's dad's voice snapped her gaze from her hair to his dim looking face. "Alright, father. I'm sorry."

Sighing, the young girl stood up and followed her dad down their old chipped wooden stairs.

Around the corner from the stairs, Mai's mother was seen cooking some breakfast in the small kitchen.

Her mother's bored eyes gave her a snarky look before focusing back down on the food she had been preparing.

"Don't you think that outfit is a little to revealing for your age?" Mai's mother spoke flatly.

Mai disregarded her mother's words, walking to the black table that was placed in the kitchen. Pulling out a wooden chair, she unenthusiastically sat herself down to wait for her breakfast.

The young girls dad then spoke, "Mai, don't be disrespectful towards your mother."

Mai rolled her deep golden honey colored eyes. "I personally don't see how it's revealing."