Chapter 35:mixed feelings

The next morning Mai woke up feeling incredibly nauseous, like a stomach flu had taken over her body. However, she was just immensely anxious for meeting up with her former best friend.

She struggled to sit up as a rising burning feeling rose up her throat. Mai threw her hand over her mouth and jolted out of bed, speedily running to the bathroom.

Mai plopped down in front of her pitch black colored toilet, acid like yellowish throw up relentlessly oozing out of her mouth. Her golden eyes stung with tears, and her body started to vigorously shake.

The ANBU member groaned, spitting out the vulgar saliva that was building in her mouth. Using her shaky hand, Mai flushed the toilet and then limply laid on the cold floor.

Mai was conflicted about meeting up with the raven. The occurrence that happened yesterday still lingered in her mind. The aggression he displayed towards her was so shocking, and it made her never want to see him again.

However, the blue haired ninja couldn't help but give him the benefit of the doubt. Sasuke was manipulated multiple times by Orochimaru and his henchmen; they said that Sasuke needed their power to kill Itachi.

All Mai wanted to do now was help the Uchiha escape the darkness he was roaming in. She was determined to bring out the old Sasuke, and convince him to come back home with her.

Mai lazily sat up, the feeling of nausea still prominent in the pit of her stomach. Thankfully, she let loose every last drop of throw up that was in her body.

Having no other choice but to shake it off and deal with feeling like complete shit with loads of anxiety, Mai pulled herself to her feet and made way to her polished wooden dresser that was resting in the far corner of her small room.

Mai opened the top right drawer and grabbed her ANBU uniform and her plastic cat mask. Peeling off her pajamas, Mai got dressed in her uniform.

The blue haired ninja tossed her dirty clothing across the room, landing perfectly in the hamper that was placed next to her bed.

Mai's room was small, but it was the perfect size for her. The bed laid in the middle of the room, her dresser rested in the far left corner against the wall and next to her door. There was a bedside table touching the bed with a singular white lamp and miscellaneous belongings of hers scattered on top of it. Black curtains hung from her singular window, and a new white vanity with a larger mirror was placed in front of it.

She took a seat at her vanity and precisely did her signature French braids. Afterwords, Mai assembled her ninja pouches on the back of her black pants and stuffed them with the proper weapons.

Living alone for Mai was like a fresh breeze. There was nobody yelling at her or beating her for disobeying simple things. It reminded her of the small cabin she previously lived in, which she missed tremendously. Being back in the village has taken a toll on her mind, but, joining the ANBU has helped her through that. Mai was genuinely happy she found something she is good at and enjoys.

After throwing on her cream colored cloak, Mai started heading to the gathering place for the new mission on the ANBU blackops.

~

Kira already had on her bear mask, crouching down to draw how everyone was going to attack a new batch of rogue ninja that were spotted spying on the leaf village.

"Okay, Masi, Yuri and I are going to be killing the alleged leader, or, head of the attack if you will." Informed Kira as she started mapping out the attack they would be doing.

"Right!" Mai and Yuri shouted simultaneously.

Mai then got distracted and glanced up to the sky, making sure that the sun was still low so she wouldn't miss meeting up with Sasuke.