Chapter 3: fallen flowers

6 years ago

Mai excitedly ran over to her ravenette friend. She realized quick that he looked lost and hopeless. Mai furrowed her eyebrows, slowing her pace upon approaching him.

Sasuke shifted his body to face away from his blue haired friend. "Go away, Mai."

The young girls eyes dropped, "Sasuke? What happened?"

The raven stayed silent, not daring to speak another word.

Mai stepped closer, placing her pale palm onto his slumped shoulder. "Sasuke?"

That's when he forcefully shoved the girls hand off from him, all while turning his body to finally face her.

"You'll find out. Everyone already pretty much has. Leave me alone from now on, Mai. I don't want anything from you."

His words were cold, freezing Mai as her heart felt heavy. "Why?"

"Hn. Just stay away from me."

And with that being said, Mai has obliged his request ever since.

It wasn't until later that night Mai's mother had informed her that Sasuke's clan had been wiped out due to his brother's betrayal.

Present day

Mai shifted in her bed, jolting her eyes awake to the sound of her ear piercing alarm.

The clock read five thirty, about time for her to get up and start getting ready for the second week of the academy.

Mai lazily sat up, signing heavily to herself. Worry sparked into her mind as she realized she had never done the dishes last night.

But, it had been too late as she heard the heavy pounding footsteps of her fathers feet speeding up the wooden stairs.

Mai's mouth became dry, her heart starting to pound rapidly as she knew what was about to come. Her teeth bit her lips due to increasing anxiety.

The door quickly swung open to reveal an angry middle aged man. He stepped slowly to his daughters bed, gritting his teeth with frustration.

"I thought I fucking told you to do those damn dishes, Mai!" The mans voice yelled, causing Mai to flinch.

"I'm sorry! I will do them before-."

The poor young girl didn't get to finish as her father had already brought his big forceful fist to her pale cheek. Mai's face swung to the side, her father taking his hands and tightly holding her chin in his mean grasp to face her forward.

Mai's face stung with overwhelming familiar pain, her eyes starting to become glossy with threatening tears.

Her father took note of this, giving her a devilish grin. "You deserve this, spoiled rotten child!"

His dark eyes gazed over at flowers his young daughter had received from Ino as a gift for entering the academy.

His grasp from Mai's chin released, replacing it with the vase of the roses that had been displayed in the water.

"I don't give a fuck if you were rewarded with these! You don't deserve them! I'll show you what a girl like you deserves!" His voice was husky and filled with overpowering rage.