Chapter 53: inclination

Mai's pov

"This whole thing is crazy!" Suigetsu yelled, throwing his arms up in the air.

Jugo kept quiet with a unreadable expression displayed on his face, but his eyes drifted to the over dramatic Suigetsu.

Sasuke and I just got done explaining to them the new plan, the one where I willingly get captured to acquire information, and it's blatantly obvious that neither of them want to consider this.

"Suigetsu-." Sasuke began to speak with a threatening tone, however I interrupted him to prevent a back and forth battle.

"Trust me." I softly persuaded, letting my golden eyes bore into purple orbs, showing him how far I'm willing to go for this mission.

His eyes squeezed shut as he heavily sighed, "I understand where you're coming from. I really do," his eyes shot open to link with mine once again.

"Then please, trust me with this." I edged on, trying my hardest to suppress the incoming irritation that wanted to break free from a cage inside of me.

"Mai, I've grown to respect you as a comrade and teammate. But, I see you as a friend too." Suigetsu admitted lowly.

Then, unexpectedly Jugo stepped forward "Suigetsu and Maiko got close, very quickly. I believe he just doesn't want to loose you as well, Mai." He chimed in, and his words lingered in my mind.

I wouldn't say I was shocked, but this defiantly wasn't something that I saw coming. My sister bonded with shark boy?

Deep down, some part of me wanted to accept Suigetsu's worry. But, unfortunately his words and Jugo's words meant absolutely nothing to me.

This time, the layering annoyance finally broke free as I stormed over to Suigetsu and Jugo.

I raised my voice, "You both don't understand! When Sasuke left Konoha I lived in a small cabin surrounded by never ending trees! Kabuto's followers would constantly show up and attempt to kidnap me! The ANBU mainly took care of the stragglers that weren't very strong opponents, and then I would take it upon myself to kill the more powerful ones."

I took a deep breath, calming myself down as Sasuke approached me from behind, his hand gently resting on top of my shoulder.

"To keep it simple, I pretended to give up and they captured me. Once I was certain that the leader was not there, I broke myself out." I finished.

Suigetsu and Jugo's eyes widened as my story came to a close. Hopefully that will be enough to change their minds about the plan.

"I'm.. damn it.. fine, okay." Suigetsu muttered.

I sent him a reassuring smile as I glanced at Sasuke, who was now stood next to me.

"Remember, if Kabuto is not there we will get Mai out. If she was tortured in any way while the three of us are searching for Kabuto, then we kill them all." Sasuke ordered, and the two Taka members nodded with agreement.

With the blissful feeling of relief washed over me, I lazily slumped down onto the ground, letting my back lay against the purple wall.

I have a weird feeling that this mission will be a success. I can't quite put my finger on it, but somehow I just know that this time around Taka will kill Kabuto and his damned annoying little pets. And nothing will be more satisfying then watching them all suffer and die.

"Second thoughts?" Sasuke questioned, snapping me from my daze.

My eyebrows furrowed as a cocky smirk danced on my lips. "Are you kidding? I'm astatic for this mission."