Chapter 50:elimination

Mai's pov.

"Are you doing alright?" My big sister questioned, probably because of my smug face and lack of conversing.

But that's just how my relaxed expressions are displayed now. I have no reason to always be giddy and smile, simply because the reality of the shinobi world is weighing drastically on my shoulders every second of everyday.

I'm portrayed as evil; a terrorist rogue ninja who abandoned her village along with her friends to join up with no other than Sasuke Uchiha.

Itachi chose to protect Sasuke and Konoha because of their clan's plan to attempt a coup. He is the true savior of this world, and yet none of them know it. Why? Because Lord third and Danzo were selfish bastards who didn't care if Itachi was seen as a disgrace to Konoha.

That is the truth. And there's no way you can possibly sugar coat it. The world is filled with pain, suffering, and fighting. There are no other words to describe it.

With no energy to fake a smile, I replied "I'm okay. Just tired."

"Who was that guy to you?"

I squeezed my eyes shut in annoyance. "Just someone. That's it."

Maiko huffed and yanked my shoulders backward, halting us from walking. I shot her a quizzical look as she formed a smile.

"You don't have to be so dismissive to me, little sister. I love you and I need to know if you're doing okay. All of this must be so hard on you, especially since you're still so young."

I see where she's coming from, but irritation didn't flee from my mind. I'm doing okay, despite everything that's happened to me. All of me just wants to avenge big brother Itachi and help Sasuke with whatever else he has in mind. That's all I'm thinking about, I'm putting myself in last place.

"I told you, I'm fine. And that guy was just a irrelevant person who team seven and I accompanied home because of a mission."

Thankfully, Maiko nodded and gave up asking any more questions about myself. Besides, we have a mission to think about.

"The hideout is just a couple minutes away." Sasuke informed.

He then spoke up again, "Maiko, do you also have ice release like Mai?"

Maiko bit her lip as crimson red flashed over her cheeks. "Yes, but I was never really good at it. I'm better with other ninjutsu and a sword."

I raised an eyebrow, "You can use my sword. I'm okay with using ice."

"No. She can use my sword, I won't need it. You never know if you'll need yours." Sasuke ordered, and I nodded.

We all finally made it to the new hideout, which was much more cleaner and tidier than the pervious one. The rooms were also larger with king sized beds and thick white blankets.

Maiko followed behind me as I walked in a empty room, and I instantly sunk into the cloud like mattress.

My aching legs and feet felt a wave of comfort and relief, and my eyes started to drift off into sleep. However, I darted them open because I have to put all of my focus on the plan.

I eyed Sasuke; who was leaning against the door frame with his arms folded. His lips were curved into a frown, like always. But, his midnight eyes were burning through me.

"What?"

He approached me, crouching down so our faces were level. Without warning, my stomach began to churn as I felt heat rise in my body. I've been so consumed with this plan that I almost forgot about our whole make out session.