Chapter 40:changed

Mai would be lying if she said she didn't want to stay with Sasuke's group. She was happy that he finally warmed up to her, and even kissed her. You don't do that for nothing, and Mai thoroughly believed that Sasuke could be changed now.

Her plans were to stay with his team until the blizzard lightens up, and then she will say a touching speech about the village and the past they shared.

Mai was playing pretend; she would live in this current moment and be with Sasuke's terrorist group, even though she knew it was technically betraying her village. She didn't plan on mentioning that she has been secretly meeting up with him, she has a whole lie already planned out. A believable one too, since lady Tsunade has major trust for Mai.

The blissful nostalgia that Mai was filled with was too addictive, therefore she wasn't even thinking about the leaf or anyone in it, and she definitely didn't feel guilty right now for being with a enemy of Konoha, since it was her best friend since she was six years old. And now, Mai was persuaded by the sudden kiss that they were different presently.

She strutted behind Sasuke as they walked to their inn room. He gently placed the key in the whole and twisted it, using his left hand to push the door open.

The room was quite small, but good enough for two people and one night. A singular king sized bed was placed in the middle of the room, with a neighboring table with a red clock and white lamp resting on the top of it. A tiny bathroom was attached in the inn room, a rusty toilet and a dirty sink inside of it. All that was left were two connected windows, a black long curtain dangling from a metal rod. (plus a mahogany colored dresser across from the bed)

Mai ran her hand along the white comforter, the fabric's warmth radiating onto her still cold hand from walking in the ice cold blizzard. She noticed how drenched the clothes she was wearing were, cringing  uncomfortably at the suffocating feeling of the damp clothes sticking to her flesh.

She shimmied off the cloak, tossing it onto the hard wood flooring. Following the cloak were the rest of the clothes she struggled to peel off, the fabric not wanting to detach from her body.

After she was left in only her black bra and matching panties, she hummed with satisfaction, glad that she was now warm and comfortable again.

Not wanting Sasuke to see her this revealed, Mai tiptoed to the bed and sunk into the soft mattress, snuggling into the thick comforter as she rested her head on top of two pillows.

The door to the bathroom swung open, Mai's throat drying at the sight of Sasuke, who was shirtless showing off his pale toned and muscular body. His pants were still on- thankfully, because Mai didn't know how she would be able to control herself seeing Sasuke in just boxers. He looked so handsome and mesmerizing to her right now, just by eyeing his upper body. Her stomach tied into a knot as her heart fluttered.

Mai's long gaze didn't go unnoticed by Sasuke, a cocky smirk dancing on his lips. He then joined next to Mai in the bed, lying down but not facing her.

She attempted to shift forward to be closer to him, snaking her left arm around his torso. The moment her skin touched his, Sasuke quickly jolted his body upwards to knock her arm from him.

Heart dropping and cheeks flushing from embarrassment, Mai furrowed her eyebrows at him; Sasuke still not facing her.

Her mind then became jutted with a thousand thoughts. Why didn't he want her arm around him? Was the kiss just a in the moment type of thing? If that was the case, why did he even force her to come with him to the inn, and why did he book a room with one bed if he wasn't having a change of heart? Mai wished that Sasuke was still easy to read like he had been when they were younger. She was torn, and hurt by his actions. Did he ask her here to kill her? No, he would have by now. So, what was the angle here? What was the point of having her here?