Chapter 55:visitors

Mai's pov

My eyes widened as I jolted out of Sasuke's arms, quickly running to the corner of the room to attach my ninja pouch to the side of my hip.

"Don't do anything rash," Sasuke muttered. "I think that was Naruto."

I shot my head to look at Sasuke with furrowed eyebrows. "Are they seriously going to try to bring us home again?"

He displayed a bothered stoic expression, drawing out his sword while replying, "That village isn't our home. This place is now. They won't make us, got that?" He reassured.

I nodded unable to form any smile of satisfaction at a time like this. How did those leaf ninja track us anyways?

Wait..

I quietly tip toed over to Sasuke. "They must have reinforcements. We have no choice but to potentially kill some to get away."

"I have no problem with that." He stated bluntly. "Do you?"

A sly smirk tugged on my lips, "Of course not."

And there was no fabricated truth in that. Konoha and it's residents don't deserve anything but suffering, just like when they weighed Itachi down with the guilt of killing his clan and leaving Sasuke.

Besides, Naruto and whoever else decided to show up are attempting to take away mine and Sasuke's freedom. Not to mention it took us a while to get to this point. And, now, those ninja want to steal happiness from us?

I won't let that happen.

I grit my teeth harshly, stepping forward about to run out of the room and mindlessly attack Naruto and who ever else tagged along with him this time. However, Sasuke stopped me by slithering his arms under my armpits, securing me tightly to his heated body.

I glared at him over my shoulder, confused and irritated that he wouldn't let me go and face our old comrades.

His cold and stern whisper tickled my ear, sending shivers to run down my spine. "I said, don't do anything rash."

"I know! So, then what is your plan?" I whisper-yelled.

Sasuke loosened his hold on me, letting me escape his firm grip. I spun around and awaited impatiently for his reply.

"I want to kill Naruto. However, they haven't pin pointed which room we are currently hiding in."

A loud Yelp of Sasuke's name ripped through the hallway, signaling to us that the ninja were getting closer.

My teeth chewed anxiously on my bottom lip. "Okay, and?"

Sasuke sharply breathed out his nose before answering me. "We can escape." 

I raised a brow. "Or, ya know, we could go and confront them?"

Sasuke smirked as he stepped only inches away from me, bringing his fingertips to my braid so they could softly stroke my locks.

"You know, I never thought you would ever stay by my side even after I forced you to join Taka."

A warm smile tugged my lips, "I was naive. I didn't think about your perspective and  became obsessed with my own."

I paused for a moment, golden eyes melting inside of midnight. "The people of Konoha perceive us as the bad guys. But, if they knew the painful truth of their village, they would think of us as the hero's."

Loud footsteps echoed from outside the room, changing mine and Sasuke's attention towards the closed door.

I gulped, hand clutching onto a singular kunai as the steps abruptly halted right outside of the room Sasuke and I are in.