Chapter 34:nothing

"My orders are simple. I have to kill you for attempting to attack the leaf village." Mai sternly snarled, standing in a defense stance with two kunai clutched in her palms.

Hurity, one of the rogue ninja, stood with shuriken resting between his fingers. He was smirking cockily, showing no sign of fear, but showing her that he was the real threat.

Mai didn't even sweat upon seeing this man. He was scrawny for a ninja, with short buzzed off blonde hair and dark ocean blue eyes that are filled with venom. They were practically throwing daggers at Mai, but she didn't feel worried or scared one bit.

Mai signed up for this job knowing the risks and how dangerous it could be. However, she had years of fighting against rogue ninja that tried to kidnap her, so she felt more than confident to be a good ANBU blackop.

"How 'bout you take off your mask and show yourself, you coward!" Hurity fumed, readying a singular shuriken with his fingers, stealthily sliding to his fingertips.

That didn't go unnoticed to Mai, though. She mentally laughed at how obvious he was being, but she shook it off and kept her guard up.

"I'm no coward. I'm here because I'm loyal to my village. And this is where you die." Mai innocently said, causing Hurity to growl with anger.

"ANBU are just weaklings. You won't be able to kill me. It's you that's dying here!" He screamed, using his middle and pointer finger to fling a shuriken at Mai, aiming for her temple.

As the shuriken spun speedily through the air, Mai simply curved her lips into a smirk and she brought up her kunai, metal clinging metal, sending the man's weapon to the ground, stabbing the moist dirt.

Mai could just go into a laughing fit due to this guys stupidity. "Shuriken are useless against me!" She informed, suppressing a chuckle.

Hurity furrowed his eyebrows and visibly became furious, but that only irked Mai to laugh more. She had enough fun though, she had to talk to Sasuke before he got impatient and left.

"Okay, okay. This was a great time," Mai squeaked as a laugh forced its way out from her throat. "But, like I said, you're going to die here."

Hurity grunted, "I'm ending you right here and now!"

He then released the last three shuriken from his fingers, each aiming for different vital spots on Mai's body.

Mentally sighing, the blue haired ninja took her kunai and hit all of the shuriken away from her, each one plunging into a nearby tree.

Forming a hand sign, Mai smirked underneath her mask. "Snow blind jutsu!"

A thick sheet of ice then formed over Hurity's ocean blue eyes. The intense and bitter coldness burned his orbs, now unable to see anything. He started to desperately claw at his eyes, his fingernails seeping blood from scratching at the impenetrable ice blindfold.

Mai giggled as she watched the rogue ninja struggled to get his vision back. She took a few steps forward, inches away from him, bringing her hand up to glide her Pointer finger along the sheet of ice, silently admiring her newest jutsu.

"Please! I'll tell the other men that they need to retreat! I beg of you!" Hurity pleaded, dropping to his knees and bowing with defeat.

Mai couldn't care less about his begging. He was just a pathetic rogue ninja that threatened the leaf village. She also had orders, and without hesitation Mai was going to obey them.

"Ice spike jutsu!"

The snow that was prominent on the ground resting like a blanket then rose slowly, forming together to create a giant ice spike.