Chapter 7: spy

Mai's pov

"Don't attack irrationally!" Sasuke yelled out but I ignored him.

The enemy lunged forward with two kunai in each of his palms. The first hand attempted to strike me in my thigh and the other was aimed at my forehead.

I used his arm to my advantage and kicked off of it, making myself jump backwards as he stumbled a bit from my force.

"I know you can do more." The spy egged on, and I knew what he was getting at. My forbidden ice release jutsu that runs in the Masaki clan. However, my ancestors long ago made up a lie that the new generation of the Masaki could no longer preform ice release. Therefor, we were accepted into the hidden leaf.

"I don't know what your talking about." I lied, breathing heavily.

The man smirked. "My boss knows the truth. And I'll make you use it, don't you worry little girl."

I became angry fast. His words got to me, and so I ran at him again with another kunai. But, before I could reach him Sasuke appeared in front of me with his arms out.

Why would he get in my way? He probably thinks I'm just some little girl too. But they know nothing about me.

"I said not to act out!" Sasuke bantered as he grabbed my arm and pulled me away from the man.

I shot him a death glare but directed my attention back to the enemy.

"Who are you and what do you want?" Sasuke questioned.

"I am Huron. And I already told you want I want. Mai Masaki will be mine. My boss wants you too, Sasuke Uchiha. However, my target is strictly her." Huron cockily informed. He wants us because of our power, who could this boss be?

"Hn. Well, too bad. You won't get to have her."

Why is Sasuke acting like he cares wether I'm captured?

I gaze a confused look at the Uchiha but his focus is on Huron. I became too distracted as to why Sasuke wasn't going To let the man capture me that I didn't even notice he suddenly appeared behind me.

I felt a jolt of pain in my back as I was lunged forward, and blood spurted out of my mouth. I fell harshly onto the ground landing on my knees.

How stupid could I be? I let my guard down with a opponent targeting me!

"I am Kakashi Hatake, and I'm your opponent now. You two, get away from here! You're not even genin yet!" A man called Kakashi shouted from the direction behind me.

I turned my head and saw that he was from our village. The pain in my back took a toll on me, as it was spreading throughout my spine.

I felt a pair of hands grab my arm and pull me to my feet, and then I was being dragged out the the woods heading towards the leaf.

We stopped running as soon as we made it just outside of Konoha, and I slouched down while placing both hands on my knees. I felt like I couldn't breath due to the pain in my back and the running.

"I told you not to attack." I heard Sasuke's voice taunt breathily.

"Whatever." I vaguely reply.

Instead of answering, Sasuke started walking back into the village. I don't care, though. I lost all my respect for him the moment he stopped being friends with me and he turned into a complete asshole.

~

I hesitantly walk into the hell I call my home. I'm praying that my father is pleased with how long I've been out, since he believes I've been training all this time.

"I'm home!" I called out but nobody answered. I heavily sigh and make my way to my bedroom to get a good nights sleep.

Once I got to my bedroom, I observed how my door was slightly creeped open and I could hear faint talking from inside. I walked into the room and my eyes widened when I made eye contact with Ino.

When she saw me she jolted towards me and embraced me in a hug. "I came here because I was so worried about you!"

I gulped as I glanced at my father who was trying his best to keep his composure. But, I could tell he was very furious.

"Ino came here and told me everything. How you both skipped training and went to a party instead. She also explained that you disappeared into the woods were a rogue ninja was." My father calmly said, putting on an act so Ino wouldn't find out he beats me. Which I knew was going to happen once she leaves.

I couldn't help but become angry at Ino. I know she doesn't have a clue what goes on behind closed doors, but did she really have to run her mouth?

"I'll be going now. I'm glad you're safe, Mai." Ino gave me one last hug before existed my room.

My body began nervously shaking as my mouth salivated. My palms beated with sweat and my heart started rapidly palpitating.

My father angrily stomped over to me and his big hand grasped my face and forced me to lock eyes with him. The coldness of his eyes radiated onto me, causing me to become even more nervous for what's about to occur.

He swished his saliva back in for within his mouth before spitting it at me, landing on my forehead. The warm liquid slowly dripped down my face, and I became disgusted.

My father brought his free hand up and harshly slapped his palm against my face, causing it to sting with utter pain. Tears started to form within my golden honey orbs, but I tried my best to suppress them.

"You constantly prove that you're nothing but a failure to this family. Your just dirt on the Masaki name. If you cause one more... ONE MORE PROBLEM," His voice suddenly raised and I jumped with fear. "I will make sure you're bed ridden for weeks."

My fathers threat caused me to gulp down the remaining saliva that was built up in my mouth. His hand released from my face but it instantly formed into a fist as it collided with my cheek, shooting more pain throughout me.

He furiously grabbed my arms with both of his hands and proceeded to throw my limp defeated body onto the hard wooden floor.

My fathers words and mean abuse left me lying here feeling numb. No emotions were surging through me, I just continued to lie on the cold floor feeling nothing.

~

vote ?