Chapter 41:stuck

"Hey. Wake up."

The feeling of a hand grabbing Mai's shoulder woke her from sleep. She groggily sat up, letting the comforter slide down her body.

She didn't even have to fully be awake to remember what happened the pervious night. Mai was too broken to forget those words and the realization that Sasuke was just using her for ice release.

The warm sunbeams cascaded her petite body through the window. She rolled her neck to crack it, ignoring Sasuke's presence all together. She wished that she was never devoted to bring him back home, then she wouldn't be in this position.

Being forced to be apart of a terrorist team with a former friend made her sick inside and out. Mai wanted no part of him or any of this anymore. All hope she had was burnt into pure ash. She didn't even remanence their pain or past anymore; she wishes that she could forget Sasuke completely.

"Get up. And get dressed."

Mai heard him crystal clear, but she didn't want to converse with him. Even his cold monotone voice bothered her, and just hearing him speak made her want to punch him right then and there. But, that would result in death; which didn't seem all too bad for her right now.

Nonetheless, she lazily pushed herself off from the cold wooden floor and grabbed her now dry outfit. Mai spun around and speedily put her clothes back on, including the cloak as she assumed they were not staying at the inn any longer.

Mai was scared. She was worried for what Sasuke had in store for her and her ice release. She didn't want to kill anyone innocent, hell, she didn't want to kill at all unless it was particularly for the leaf village.

Thoughts of her comrades flooded her mind, and she missed them deeply. This wasn't the same as her leaving Konoha on her own for a break. This felt the same as being kidnapped by the rogue ninja who desire her powers. She hated to admit it, but Sasuke was the same as them.

A morbid thought came to her mind; if there was any rogue ninja who was out there and tried to kidnap her, she will let them. Escaping their jails came easy to Mai, but, escaping Sasuke was a whole new difficult level.

She would rather be tortured by those men, then to be forced into being a terrorist and rogue ninja. Mai wondered if Lady Tsunade and the rest of them think that she willingly found Sasuke and decided to join him. Mai wouldn't be shocked if they did; they all knew how much she cared for him.

Mai just hoped that her comrades would find her either way. In this time of despair and being at the lowest point in her life, she still had some hope that her friends would come find her and bring her back home.

"Karin should be here any moment regarding if there are any nearby threats." Sasuke informed while he took a seat on the edge of the bed to wait.

Mai kept quiet.

Sasuke knew that she was giving him the silent treatment, and he would be lying if it didn't irritate him. But, at least she was obliging his requests instead of attempting to run away.

The Uchiha raised an eyebrow as he leaned over and grabbed his bag. "Almost forgot," he rummaged through the bag until he pulled out the chakra depletion handcuffs, using one finger to dangle them in front of Mai tauntingly. "Come here."

Mai kept on a deadpanned facial expression, not wanting to show any emotions to Sasuke. She strutted over to him, turning around while reaching both hands behind her back.

The metal was cold against her skin, causing goosebumps to rise upon her arms. She then felt them tighten so the cuffs were tightly hugging against her wrists, making it extremely uncomfortable. But, she didn't show it. She kept everything inside.