Chapter 45:the truth

Mai's pov.

Maiko sat down on the ground and took a deep breath. "Itachi informed me what he was going to do on my 12th birthday. After that, and after what he said about Danzo, I couldn't stay in the leaf anymore."

She sent me an apologetic gaze. "I didn't want to leave you Mai. I thought that having mom and dad would make up for it. I'm so sorry they turned out to be monsters."

Confusion took over me as I furrowed my eyebrows, ignoring her half assed apology. "Cut the shit and just tell us already."

Maiko nodded. "Like I said, he told me on my 12th birthday."

*Flashback*

Itachi followed Maiko upstairs to her bedroom, where they took a seat on her cloud like mattress.

Maiko was upset that her boyfriend was being toyed with by Danzo. How could that man put so much weight on The Uchiha's shoulders? Maiko was heartbroken for him.

"Itachi, I can't let you do this alone."

The sharingan user's lips curved into a small smile. "I have to, for the hidden leaf."

Maiko shook her head. "I can't stay here and pretend to hate you. You are my boyfriend, you've been there for me through everything. I'm not letting you do this alone."

Itachi chuckled, causing Maiko to furrow her eyebrows. "Feisty,"

She giggled to herself, but then became serious once again. "Please."

Itachi had previously been dead set on saying no and having Maiko stay in the hidden leaf village. And he hated that right now he was debating about letting her join him or not.

He doesn't want to leave her, hell, he doesn't want to leave his little brother either. He loves them with all his heart, but that is the sole reason why he is choosing the village over the Uchiha clan.

The room became filled with deafening silence. Itachi was battling with his decision while Maiko sat across from him, awaiting his reply.

She desperately wants to go with her boyfriend and help him with eliminating the Uchiha clan. She cares about Itachi and loves him. After becoming informed that his clan was planning a coup d'etat, which Danzo found out about and told Itachi that if he killed them all, he would let Sasuke live, Maiko decided that the hidden leaf village should burn for causing a 13 year old that much trauma and pain.

Maiko also loves her little sister more than anything in the entire world. She feels guilty for wanting to leave, but, she feels like if she stayed she would be playing pretend for the rest of her life.

Also, Maiko knew that her mom and dad would take care of Mai and raise her to be a great shinobi and person.

Maiko reached for the ravens hand, squeezing it tightly while showing him a warm smile.

"This isn't fair to you. Or to Sasuke. But, I can't live in a village that made you, a 13 year old, kill his entire clan. I can't and won't do that."

Itachi softened his face, giving Maiko's warm hand a squeeze. He knows how stubborn his girlfriend can be, and he loves her for it, however, he doesn't feel like it right to drag her into this mess.

"I'm going to miss you so much,"

Maiko's heart fell into her stomach and she felt like she had to throw up. Her eyes shut due to threatening tears that were begging for release. This is the last thing she wanted to hear spill from the Uchiha's mouth.