Chapter 20:captured

Mai's pov

  It's been about a week since my team has encountered enemies who are persistent in kid napping me.

Sometimes I lay wide awake in the middle of the night, because I'm to worried somebody will get me while I'm asleep.

I always try to maintain being strong and not fearful, but having many powerful ninja come after me takes a toll on my life.

Here I am, wide awake, my body sore and exhausted,  starring at my ceiling with the upmost anxiety. My heart felt like in slid to my stomach, my body started to tingle all throughout me, and my mind kept thinking of the worst scenarios.

A quiet tap at my window from across my room sent my body into full panic mode. I jumped at the sudden noise, and my hand instinctively reached for the Kunai that laid on my vanity. I jolted out of my bed and held my kunai pointing in the direction of the window as I shuffled over to the corner of my room. My heart was rapidly palpitating like it was going to rip out of my chest. My hands were begging to shake, but I kept my composure the best I could manage, preparing myself for attack.

The window ever so slightly started to slide open, creaking noises could be heard as it was continued to be pushed open.

The unknown intruder hopped inside my room, landing on his or her knees as they placed their hands on my floor. Once the person revealed their face, my body felt a wave of relief and my panic attack subsided.

"Damn it, Sasuke. I thought you were another person trying to capture me." I tossed the kunai that was still gripped in my hand to my vanity as I sat on the edge of my bed.

His face displayed a slight worried expression. "That's actually why I came here." Sasuke unwillingly admitted. Probably because he wants to keep an image as an emotionless boy, but he doesn't have to in front of me. Hell, I've seen his full fledge smile when we were kids.

I focused on slowing my breathing as I replied, "They know about my ice release because of their boss. Whoever that is."

Sasuke finally got up from the floor and joined to sit next to me. His eyes starred at my wall as he spoke. "Good observation. Somehow their boss knows you and your powers."

"I'm stumped. I've lived here my whole life and I have no idea who it could be." I said disappointingly.

"You should get some sleep," Sasuke spoke with his usual monotone voice.

"I would if I could, I'm worried about them finding a way in the village. And then they find my home, and then they break through my window, and then they capture me, and then they 'brainwash' me and then I'm a slave and ninja tool for those bastards. My plate is full and I'm constantly having anxiety about this." I rambled on, not caring whether Sasuke got annoyed or not.

"I'm staying here, so get some sleep." Sasuke demanded, but there was a tint of softness in his voice that was rare.

He's really staying here to make sure I'm safe? Maybe we are friends after all.

He moved from sitting on my bed to sitting on my floor, crossing the bottom of his legs and placing both hands on the ground to lean back with support. I don't think he has even looked at me once this entire time; why is he so consistent with not showing emotion? He wants to make sure I'm not kidnapped, but at the same time he doesn't want me to think of it as him being nice. Men.

I huffed in defeat not wanting to make any confrontation since I'm too exhausted to. I got comfortable under my large blanket and rested my head on my fluffy pillow. My eyes fell on Sasuke's back, he was sitting still and I could tell that his position was uncomfortable.