Chapter 42:official

The group of leaf ninja walked silently through the vast woods. Each step one took earned a crunch from the hardened snow as light flakes danced from the cloud covered sky.

Cold and frigid temperatures were prominent through the air. It stung the comrades skin, making them all displeasured.

Nonetheless, all of them were determined and focused on locating the missing ANBU member, and bringing her back home safely.

"Hey, Naruto?" Shikamaru queried, "Do you personally think that Mai joined up with Sasuke willingly?"

Naruto stayed quiet for a moment, thinking to himself before replying to the shadow user. "Mai wanted to go to that small town for a break. There is no way Sasuke would have been there."

"I don't know, guys. She snapped on me when I told her to let him go." Ino chimed in, blue eyes now dull.

Sakura let out a groan, "I agree with Ino for once. Mai and Sasuke always were together."

Kiba let out an exaggerated gasp, earning confused stares from all the comrades. "What if they planned this all along? She knew about Sasuke leaving, and while she lived away from Konoha, they started plotting?"

Although that random theory was a good hypothesis, it didn't make sense to the ninja. Mai wouldn't have joined the ANBU, and of course Ino and Naruto can't come out and say that to everyone.

Practically all the comrades rolled their eyes at Kiba's theory, causing him to fold his arms as a frown curved on his lips.

"No, that's going too far. There has to be a reasonable explanation of why Mai didn't return. Perhaps the storm was too heavy to walk back. We shouldn't assume she went with the enemy." Shikamaru informed.

"You're right, Shikamaru." Ino smiled, trying her hardest to think positively.

Naruto then stopped walking, making the others halt in their tracks as well. He lifted his hand up and pointed in front of him, "There's the town. Shikamaru, what's the plan?"

Shikamaru huffed. "We split up. First go to the inns, then make your way to restaurants. If she isn't there, go about the town."

"Right!"

~

Mai was currently in Sasuke's old room, lying down on the bed and starring at the nothingness from above.

Her body felt weak and limp due to the chakra depletion handcuffs, making her have no energy to even stand up at the moment.

"Sasuke is back. He wants you." Suigetsu announced, leaning against the wall with his arms folded.

Mai turned her head to glare at him. She groaned loudly, yanking herself up in a sitting position before dangling her legs off the edge of the bed.

"I don't think I can walk," Mai confessed. "Make him come here."

Suigetsu smirked, "I'll help you. Come on." He ordered.

Mai huffed with defeat as Suigetsu walked over to her. She shakily placed both feet on the ground while Suigetsu swung his arm around her shoulder for support. His other arm snaked around her waist, making sure she was secure enough so she doesn't fall to the floor.

Mai slowly walked, her legs shaking and feeling like jelly. She took one step at a time, Suigetsu tightening his grip on her due to how fatigued she really was.

Once they reached the rest of them, Suigetsu carefully helped Mai to sit on the ground. She bent her legs and rested her chin on top of her knees, waiting for what Sasuke wants to say.

"The leaf are looking for you."

Mai's golden eyes brightened as she jolted her head up to look at the Uchiha. She felt relieved and hopeful that her friends came to take her back home.

"I will do anything to make sure that does not happen. You belong to me now." Sasuke evilly smirked, causing Mai to shudder and her hope to be crushed. She knows he will follow through with his words, if he has to he will kill them. And that frightened Mai, she doesn't want her friends to die on her behalf.

She sighed and placed her chin on her knees again with defeat. She didn't want to put her comrades lives in danger because she was stupid enough to think Sasuke would change. This was her fault, and she decided to suffer the consequences.

If being apart of this team meant that her friends were safe, she would do it in a heartbeat. No matter how much this effected her mentally, she would put them before herself. That's just who she is.

"Take these off of my hands." Mai commanded, eyes burning into onyx orbs.

Sasuke raised his eyebrows. "Why would I do that?"

"Because I'm joining your team. Willingly."

The Uchiha crouched down in front of Mai, using his Pointer finger to place it under her chin, lifting her head so she was looking directly at him.

"How can I trust that you won't go running?"

Never breaking eye contact, Mai replied, "You of all people know how much I sacrifice for my friends."

Sasuke's lips curved into a sly smirk. "Hn."

Mai rolled her eyes. "Also, I can't walk anymore. I'm getting too weak. I'm devoted to this team. I will do anything you say."

Sasuke stopped to debate for a moment, retreating his hand away from her face. Without answering her, he walked over to Jugo.

Mai observed him whisper back and forth between his team members, causing her to become confused. She wasn't lying, Mai was going to do what Sasuke tells her too. She doesn't want anybody from her home to die because of her blindness. She would never forgive herself for that.

Her eyes followed Sasuke, watching as Suigetsu handed him something before approaching her once again.

He roughly grabbed Mai's face with his hand, making her flinch at the unexpected aggression. Sasuke's eyes shot daggers at her, causing her body to shiver with fear.

"If you try anything, I will kill you myself. You got that?" Sasuke fumed.

Mai gulped. "Yes."

Sasuke smirked with satisfaction, letting go of Mai's face. He stood up and walked behind Mai, her arms becoming free from the tiny metal prisons.

She instantly felt relief. The cold air hit the red irritated skin on her wrists, causing tingly sensations that were pleasurable to her.

Mai rubbed her flesh and smiled at the feeling of her energy pulsing back through her muscles and body.

"Thank you."

"We have to get going. We have business to take care of."

Mai stood up and became intrigued on what he was talking about now.

"And that is?" She queried.

"It's time to get revenge on my older brother."

~
READ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Vote?

Sorry it took long. Kinda writers block mixed with no motivation. Let me know if you're interested in me continuing this story, kinda feel like I'm letting my viewers down:/