Chapter 43:brothers

Mai knew this day would come. The day that Sasuke finally was strong enough to fight and kill Itachi.

She wasn't angry at Sasuke for spending his life trying to be able to take his older brother on, she agrees with Sasuke that Itachi should die for what he caused.

However, she also is kind hearted and chooses to remember the beautiful memories of the past, instead of the ugly truth. But, she knows it's time to accept that Itachi is purely evil.

"Let me help you."

Sasuke frowned. "No. I have to do this alone."

Mai leaned against the wall and rolled her eyes. "He was like family to me ya know."

"Ugh! Just quit acting like this and listen to Sasuke." Karin chimed in as she snaked her arms around Sasuke's torso, eyes gazing at him.

Sasuke shot Karin a irritated glare before looking at Mai. "Did he kill your entire clan leaving you all alone your entire life? Did he force you to watch what he did thousands of times, over and over again?"

Mai sighed with defeat, knowing he was right. This is something he needs to do alone.

"I have to go find out where his location is. Suigetsu, Karin and Jugo stay here and gather supplies that we need."

Sasuke shoved Karin off from him and averted his attention to the blue haired ninja.

"Mai, you're coming with me."

"Awh, Sasuke, you don't trust us to watch over your little leaf puppet?" Suigetsu grinned, showing his razor sharp teeth.

Mai's blood started to boil upon him referring her as a puppet. She stormed over to Suigetsu and forcefully pushed him backwards, causing him to stumble on a backpack.

"Shut your fucking mouth, shark boy!" She spat, only becoming angrier when she saw his face was full of amusement.

"Chill out!" Suigetsu threw both hands up. "I was only kidding. Don't act like fan girl over here." He finished while pointing to Karin.

Mai harshly bit the inside of her cheek. "I'm nothing like red head bitch!"

Karin shoved her glasses up with one finger as she quickly walked over to Mai. "What did you just call me?"

Mai cockily smirked. "I think you heard me. Red. Haired. Bitch." She fumed, enunciating every word.

Karin groaned, anger building up inside of her. "Don't act like tough shit around Sasuke! I already told you he is mine."

"And that's why he has kissed me, and not you?"

"That's so not true! Sasuke wouldn't kiss a hideous bitch like you!"

"Oh, really?" Mai licked her lips seductively, eyes burning straight into onyx orbs. "Why don't you ask him, then?"

"Sasuke, are you going to stop them?" Suigetsu questioned with fear.

"Shut up!" Karin and Mai shouted simultaneously.

Karin snapped her head back to give Mai a dirty look as she folded her arms. "Is it true, Sasuke?"

Mai looked at the raven. His eyes were squeezed shut and his lips were pressed into a straight line. No shown emotion present.

Karin then let out a chuckle. "See? He isn't answering because you're a dirty fucking liar!"

At this point, Mai was filled to the brim with immense rage. Her heart was thumping rapidly, her blood was boiling, and her hands were formed into tight fists, fingernails harshly dipping into her palm, breaking off skin.