Chapter 36:overwhelmed

Mai was to stunned to move or think clearly. Two hidden leaf guards ran up to her, asking twenty questions about what happened. Mai was in shock; her wide eyes still starring at her deceased father, the pool of blood surrounding him and how the snow engulfed it.

"What do we do? There's no sign of anyone else here, but this girl isn't holding any weapons! Plus, she doesn't have any on her!"

"Go get Lady Hokage right away!"

Their voices were nothing but mere muffles to Mai's ears. Unable to move, speak, or even think, she just stood there, like she was frozen in a block of ice.

Thirty minuets pass by, but for Mai it felt like seconds. Lady Tsunade and the guards approached the scene, her eyes scanning both Mai and her dead father thoroughly.

"Mai didn't do this. Whatever she saw happen, caused her to be in shock. Take this man's body back to the village. I will tend to Mai." Lady Tsunade ordered.

"Right!" Both men shouted at the same time before each men grabbed Mai's father and carefully started walking to Konoha.

Lady Tsunade sorrowfully glanced at Mai, and she felt tremendously bad for the young ninja.

Mai felt the blonde Hokage's hand firmly place itself on her shoulder, but she was still unable to do anything.

The ANBU member's vision started to blur, and her head felt extremely dizzy.

"Are you alright?"

Before she could try to respond, Mai had passed out, blackness taking over her.

~

Mai wearily opened her golden honey orbs, squinting them as the bright light of where she was blinded her. She groggily pushed herself to sit up, noticing that she was in Konoha's hospital.

Once her eyes adjusted and were fully awake, Mai realized that her friends were sitting across from her with sad expressions plastered on their faces.

Mai became utterly confused, but then, her mind brought her back to last night when Sasuke murdered her father.

"Mai! You're awake!" Naruto beamed, his loud voice irking Mai.

"How are you feeling?" Ino questioned softly.

"What happened out there?!" Sakura asked.

Shikamaru was the only one to stay quiet, knowing that right now Mai probably just wanted to be alone. He would be annoyed too if he just woke up and three people were shouting in his ear.

Mai's face was deadpanned, ignoring all of her friends badgering questions that she did not want to answer right now. What she desired was to go find Sasuke and confront him about why the fuck he killed her father.

The blue haired ninja couldn't figure out how she felt. Mai hated her father and what he did to her for years straight, and she never planned on forgiving him. However, she was going to let him try to make up for everything. Him now being dead and gone forever was making her upset and she didn't care all at the same time. Mai even said she'd kill him herself if he tried anything out there, but he didn't. Instead, he begged for her forgiveness and showed his old self again, and that is what she was desperately holding on to.

How she felt about Sasuke was the same. Mai was incredibly furious at him for killing her father out of nowhere, especially in front of her with no explanation. But, a part of her felt weights being lifted off her shoulders because her abuser was now dead. Nonetheless, Mai still decided to find Sasuke and confront him about the whole thing.