Chapter 28:comfortable

This chapter is basically just pieces of Sasuke and Mai fluff over the span of one month. During this time, Naruto goes to find Lady Tsunade as the third Hokage stepped down.

~

The sun was shining brightly, it's rays beaming through Mai's black curtains. The light shining through had visible dust particles flying throughout it, her golden honey eyes dazing at them.

Her body was firmly pressed against her cloud like bed, the feeling of her ravenette friends body heat radiating onto her skin. It felt warm and comforting knowing he was lying there next to her, completely easing his way out of the hole of darkness.

A smile forcibly appeared on the blue haired girls moist lips, her eyes glancing to take a long look at the sound asleep Uchiha who was dozing soundlessly. Only tiny audible inhales and exhales from his noise could be heard throughout her dark lit room.

Even these moments that Sasuke wouldn't remember, She would cherish them inside her heart forever. Spending time with him made her feel complete and full of life again, those distant thoughts of wanting to die disintegrated.

The young Uchiha's chest rose and fell every breath he took in, Mai's infatuation making her bring her hand up to gently glide her fingertips over his abdomen, neck, and then pale cheeks.

Sasuke's eyelids twitched at the feeling, but he subconsciously knew it was only Mai, and he instantly relaxed himself into her touch. He was to stubborn to admit this, but he enjoyed when Mai would show a soft side by showing her loyalty and comfort. 'That just makes my decision even harder.' Sasuke thought, keeping his eyes shut to feel his closest friends touch.

~

Mai and Sasuke were walking side by side on a deserted dirt trail that surrounded Konoha. The warm breeze blew the young ice user's blue French braids behind her, Sasuke gazing at them from the corner of his onyx eyes; admiring one of his favorite features of his friends. Her locks reminded him of the deep ocean, with a select few strands that were lighter resembling the sky.

Mai caught his longing stare as she smirked. She let out a content exhale, shutting her eyes enjoying the feeling of the warm sun hitting her flesh.

"Hey, Sasuke." Mai queried, her tone sounding curious.

The raven averted his stare at her golden honey orbs. "What is it?"

The girl ninja hesitated for a moment silently. Her teeth bit her bottom lip, eyes returning to meet with Sasuke's. "I understand why you want to kill Itachi to avenge your clan. I'm not against that," she gulped before continuing, Sasuke's facial expression becoming deadpanned at the hearing his older brothers name. "Let me help you. He was dated Maiko, ya know. I have hate for him too."

The ice user anxiously awaited his reply, assuming he would lash out at her for talking about such a touchy topic. However, Mai wanted to tell him that she would be with him through everything, and that he didn't have to do it alone.

Sasuke wanted to be annoyed at her, but to his befuddlement, no part of him was. Instead, his heart skipped a embarrassing beat after hearing Mai tell him that she would join him. 'How am I possibly going to be able to do what I have to?"

"Thank you." He managed to finally speak. The Uchiha didn't have a clue as to how to verbally converse correctly, or show emotion. But, after being with Mai everyday, he unknowingly loosened up around her. Nobody else knew him the way she did, but he didn't mind. At least, now he sort of does.

Sasuke felt his feet tremble forward as his body was jolted, a smirk playing on his lips once he noticed Mai had jumped onto his back.

"Wipe that smug look off your face and carry me home! I'm so damn tired!" Mai teased loudly, a low giggle escaping her mouth.