Chapter 46:vengeance

Mai's pov

  The next morning we all had to get up early, Sasuke's orders. He wants us to keep moving forward, as he has somebody he needs to kill. And I'm sure as hell going to help.

"It's too early for this brick ass weather." Suigetsu groaned.

Karin used a finger to push up her glasses. "Oh, stop complaining and listen to Sasuke's orders, shark boy!"

Suigetsu put on a fake offended face. "Wow, that hurt my feelings." He sarcastically remarked.

Karin sassily folded her arms and frowned. "Are you even capable of shutting your mouth?!"

I let out a chuckle. "You're not one to talk."

"Guys, If Sasuke come in here to bickering he's going to be mad!" Jugo warned.

Karin stormed over to me and I plastered a cocky smile on my face. "Can I help you?"

She groaned. "Just.. just.."

I averted my attention to Sasuke who joined in the room with us, and along side him was my sister.

"All of us that are currently here are apart of Taka. Got that?" Sasuke sternly commanded.

I already agreed to willingly join, and I had my assumptions that Maiko would too so she could help avenge Itachi.

"So, who are we going after first?" I queried while leaning against the wall.

"Danzo. He gets killed first."

I nodded with agreement. Danzo deserves worse than death. Perhaps we could torture him a little with my ice release before Sasuke gets the final blow.

"Where is he? Do you know?" Maiko questioned.

"We are going to have to sneak into the leaf village. Mai will freeze his hands so that we can lure him back here." Sasuke informed and I nodded.

"How are we going to sneak in at daytime?" Maiko asked.

Sasuke looked at me and smirked. "Mai is going to return home. Nobody will suspect a thing."

I was conflicted about this plan, because there is a high chance that I'll run into my old comrades. But, killing Danzo and getting revenge for Itachi is more important to me.

"Okay. I'll do it."

"After you freeze his hands, go to the back streets of Konoha and meet me by the east woods."

I nervously chewed the inside of my cheek. Everyone is relying on me to get this done, and I don't want to fail.

"Mai, don't get caught."

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, yeah. I won't."

~

My feet halted in their tracks as my eyes found the entrance of my old home. Two days ago I would be full of excitement being back here, but now I despise this village.

As I continued walking towards the entrance, my eyes fell upon Genma who was leaning against the wall with one leg bent.

His jaw about dropped once he made eye contact with me. Genma jogged over to me and I glued on a fake smile.

"Mai!? Where the hell have you been all this time?" He queried.

I scratched the back of my neck. "I was held captive. I was able to make a break for it, thankfully I ended up home safely."

Genma cracked a smile and patted me on the shoulder. "Yeah, I'm glad you're okay. Once you get inside go right to lady Tsunade."

I bit my lip and nodded, "Okay. Nice to see you again, Genma!"