Chapter 51:you and I

Mai's pov

The grief I felt for my big sister was bigger than anything I have endured throughout my entire life.

When I lost her at a young age, I let myself sink into a deep ocean filled with sorrow and despair.

When I lost my only friend, I only fell into that ocean deeper, but I was so exhausted, that I didn't try to swim up for air.

When my mother stopped talking to me and my father started to beat me daily, I continued to sink and get further from the fresh warming breath of oxygen I so badly craved.

But, this.. This was something I've never felt before. I'm not even sure how to describe it. Even though my sister 'died' years ago,

This time it swallowed me entirely full.

You know how oceans are tremendously deep, that there are more pools of water that only get darker and only drag you further down into emptiness?

That's where I'm at now. It feels like all of me is finally settled on the deepest darkest part of the ocean, lying lifelessly flat on the sandy ground.

And there is no chance that I can swim up for oxygen anymore. I'm emotionally dead.

~

"Sasuke is going to be furious with you!" Suigetsu loudly warned as I frantically started to pack my only select few belongings.

I have decided to leave Taka and go on my own from now on. I have no interest in helping anybody anymore, except for myself and my big sister.

The men that killed her already died by my hands, but it wasn't enough to satisfy my raging hunger for revenge.

I'm going to kill whoever Kabuto is, and I'm going to kill every last follower of his. And I don't care if I die doing it, as long as the leader falls.

All of this is his doing. Maiko's blood is on his hands too, he's the one who's been sending these pathetic ninja after me. That means my sisters death is my fault too.

"Let him be." I lowly replied as I threw my black cloak over my shoulders.

Suigetsu groaned. "I get that your going through something right now! I liked Maiko, she was very brave and-."

Boiling irritation riled up inside of me due to hearing him speak about Maiko. My teeth gritted together and I stormed over to Suigetsu, letting my eyes burn into his.

He gulped and tossed up his hands in surrender, "I'm just looking out for you!" Suigetsu yelled, and then sighed calming himself down. "I don't want you to die too."

A slight blush creeped onto his cheeks from his embarrassing confession. My eyebrows furrowed and I stepped backwards away from him.

His words almost made me audibly laugh. If Sasuke wants to kill me, he will. But, I don't think he would do that. No matter what, he doesn't have a valid reason to even kill me. On another note, I'm not needed in the group any longer, as all of Sasuke's plans have been fulfilled.

"Listen, Mai. I believe that we became good friends even though you still insist on calling me shark boy. Taka can find new missions and such!" Suigetsu persuaded, but there's a zero percent chance that he will be able to convince me to stay in Taka.

I bent over to grab my backpack before putting it on and finally glaring at Suigetsu for the last time.

"I'm going to track down Kabuto and the rest of his pets on my own. This has nothing to do with you or anyone else. Just me."