Chapter 112: His Start

Grandine: In order to call yourself dragon king.

Igneel: you'll have to beat us in a fight.

Grandine: Sky Dragon Queen Mode!

Igneel: Fire Dragon King Mode!

Natsu watches as his mom completely changes. She turns just like Wendy. Pink hair, medium size wings on her back, with smaller wings on her wrist and ankles. Igneel also changes, he grows scales on his arms and part of his neck while his flames change to crimson red with black lightning covering them. Natsu begins to tremble at there power, he's never witnessed his parents full power and now coming face to face with it he's afraid. He holds onto to his right arm to stop the shaking.

Igneel: You seemed frighten there boy

Natsu doesn't say a word, he clenched his teeth preparing to go into his lightning flame dragon mode but he's too slow to transform.

Igneel: Like I'll let you!

His dad in one step appears in front of Natsu not having enough time to counter instead he matches his father's attack with his own. Both fist collide, Igneel being the stronger of the two over powers Natsu without even trying. Natsu hears his bones breaking, not being able to hold on any longer he gives up and is sent crashing to the near by trees.

Igneel: You're no match for my strength Natsu, so don't even try it.

Natsu gets up from the rubble and immediately begins to heal his arm. He's eye widen not seeing or sensing his mother.

Natsu: Where is she?!

He looks all around him, behind, to his right and left, up in the air but can't see her, he only sees his dad. Natsu then looks down towards the ground, he immediately ignites his fist on fire and punches the ground, but there was nothing there.
He realizes what was going on he senses Grandine behind he quickly dodged it by leaping away but Grandine is right on him. Caught mid air he doesn't have anywhere to go Grandine charges up an attack and strikes Natsu.

Grandine: Sky Dragon Queens Sky drill!

She kicks Natsu on his torso so hard it broke his ribs. He's sent flying across the ground bouncing off it like a ball until he was stopped by a huge boulder. Natsu slowly tried to get up to his feet but was quickly to fall back down. He ends up coughing up blood from his mothers kick.

Grandine: you can't win against us if all you're going to do is run away.

The young dragon opens his eyes staring at his own pool of blood.

Natsu: she's right...but how can I beat both of them..?

His flames suddenly begin to spark on his right arm. He sees his own reflection on the blood puddle seeing flames softly ignite near his face.

Natsu: what's this weird sensation...?

Once more he begins to tremble but this time it's not from fear but from the adrenaline of him facing two opponents who are stronger then he is.

Igneel: if you don't fight now, then we'll just kill you for sure this time.

Lightning sparks all over Natsu, his flames consume him. He's finally able to go into his lightning flame dragon mode. He gets up on his feet and looks towards his parents. Both Igneel and Grandine look back at him.

Igneel: now..

Before he can even finish Natsu appears in front of him with his right fist covered in flames and lightning. Igneel does the same and goes to counter with a punch of his own.