Chapter 18: Sona finds out

As soon as we arrived home we were called to go eliminate a stray devil, as if our day wasn't tough enough now we have to go solve this issue. We arrive at this abounding building where I instantly caught the scent of a stray devil and so did Koneko.

Natsu: you smell that Koneko?

Koneko: Yeah, it's here

She says in her usual monotone voice.

Rias: okay everyone Issei and Koneko take point, Kiba to the right akeno left Natsu the middle

Everyone: yes ma'am

As we are moving in deeper into the building the smell gets stronger and stronger so much some people in the peerage begin to feel sick to there stomachs. That's when the stray attacks. Lucky for us Koneko sensed it before anyone. Everyone begins to attack it Issei and Koneko taking the lead while Akeno and I stand by for back up meanwhile Kiba is lost in thought. The stray gets pushed back into a corner when it takes its chance and attacks Rias, the closest one to her is Kiba..

Natsu: RIAS!

I throw my self and get hit protecting Rias causing both of us to fall on the floor. I'm holding her hugging her tightly not wanting to let go when she softly pushes up as we make eye contact

Natsu: h-hi..

Rias: Hey..thanks for saving me...

Natsu: of course

Everyone: Natsu! Rias!

Akeno: ara ara did we come in a bad time?

Rias and Natsu: it's not what you think!

After getting up we all combine our attacks and kill the stray. Asia checked to see if I hand any injuries on me akeno and Koneko decided to stick near by in case I needed help in anything when we heard a slap coming to our right.

Rias: you think you got it together now?

Kiba: yes president I'm sorry it will never happen again.

Rias: Good I hope it doesn't

Kiba: if you can excuse me I'm going home

He then begins to walk away as Issei follows right behind him.

Akeno: are we ready to go everyone?

Natsu: Yup

We all arrive home to see that the house is quite looks like everyone went to sleep already. I take the chance to try to talk to Rias

Natsu: Rias...

She stops before taking another step up stairs.

Rias: What is it Natsu? It's late we got school tomorrow.

Natsu: can we just talk?! You can't still be mad at what happened? You can't blame me!

Rias: I don't have time for this Natsu I'm going to bed.

Natsu: no you're not!

I say in a very angered voice and grab her hand.

Rias: let me go!

Natsu: no! We're going to talk this out right now.

I left her up over my shoulders and take her to the roof of the house.

Rias: What the hell is wrong with you Natsu?!

Natsu: it's the only way you'll listen to me.

During this whole time she avoids making eye contact with me not raising her head once or looking to the sides.