Chapter 30: Setting Down The Law

Once I kicked that devils ass for laying a hand on Tiamat I grab her by the hand and make my way outside. Hopefully Ravel knows where we are at and can find us quickly. I lead Tiamat to the outside balcony to get some fresh. 

Natsu: I know you told me not to make a scene, but seeing you get cornered like that brought back memories that I do not wish to remember. I couldn't just stand there and see you like that..

I look towards Tiamat giving her a smile she blushes turning her head away from me.

Tiamat: I didn't need your help you know. I had it under control at any moment I could've easily beat them up.

Natsu: I'm sorry Tiamat.

Tiamat: Huh?

She looks at me confused. I look up towards the night sky being lit up by the stars.

Natsu: I'm sorry for limiting you. I know as a dragon god you should be showing your strength and everyone should praise you. This wouldn't have happened if I didn't limit your power.

Tiamat: Hey hey don't go getting soft on me now. I understand why you did it. It was to protect me. Besides living with you is not all that bad..

What she says catches me a bit by surprise looking at her. She blushes and looks away.

Tiamat: don't look at me like that, it's true. I've always lived on my own scarring off any intruders. But when you accepted me into your clan I felt...kinda happy you know. Besides there's no one else in the house that can keep up with me other then you.

She says with a smile. I look at her grabbing her from her waist and give her a hug.

Tiamat: Hey What the hell are you doing?! Get off me!

Natsu: For a dragon who's known as the ice queen you can be very heart warming at times.

Tiamat: I'm always heart warming what do you mean?

We touch forehead to forehead causing her to struggle a bit but in seconds she stops and embrace the kind gesture. We open our eyes at the same time, locking eye to eye with one another.

Ravel: ahem*

We both break apart as we look towards where the noise came from. We see Ravel standing next to her mom with Grayfia and Sirzechs.

Lady Phenex: Ara did we interrupt something?

Tiamat: no not really

She says while blushing

Natsu: kinda did yeah..

Sirzechs: we heard the commotion so we though something happened. Looks like we were right.

Natsu: it was no big deal just rough housing is all.

Lady Phenex: that looked more then rough housing to me.

Natsu: I'm sorry..

Sirzechs: there's no need those three are brothers and are known for throwing there weight around making other devils do things cause they're "high rank" I'm actually glad you did that. Now people know not to mess with you. But I think Lady Phenex has something she wants to say to you.

Lady Phenex: Yes right. Are you ready to take my daughter into your clan?

Natsu: Yes. I will gladly take her in.

Lady Phenex: I have taught her everything I could. Now it's up to her to use what she learned and be of benefit to you.

Natsu: she will be welcomed with open arms.