Chapter 35: No Choice

Third Person Pov
Natsu along with Wendy where able to pick up on Rias scent they begun to sniff the area around them. After a few minutes the two pick up on her scent along with everyone there they all go to where she is. Issei still untrustworthy of Natsu asks Kiba if it's okay to trust him.

Issei: do you think it's okay to trust Natsu? I still don't believe him one bit.

Kiba: I know I don't either. But we have no other choice.

Natsu having sensitive hearing was able to hear everything they said.

Natsu: would you guys trust me this one last time.

Everyone looks at Natsu then turn to look at Kiba and Issei.

Natsu: you guys don't trust me and I don't trust you. I have no idea if this is a trap set by you two to harm me or my sister. Or this maybe someone trying to frame me. Either way this would be the last time we ever do something like this. Out of my good will, I will help you find Rias, let this be the last you ever ask me for help.

A slight cold wind blows by making everyone feel a chill. No one was sure if it was the wind who gave them this chill or how cold Natsu answered them. Either way everyone knew he meant what he said especially Akeno. She was closest to Natsu so she felt it. Akeno couldn't help but ask Natsu what he meant by that.

Akeno: Natsu...what do you mean by "this would be the last time."

Natsu very coldly answers the brunette.

Natsu: Exactly what I meant. This is the last favor I do for the peerage.

She can't help but look down towards the ground as the feeling of not having her dragon next to her or being able to see him made her sad. Natsu quickly realizes this, and takes back what he said.

Natsu: I didn't mean it like that you know...You still live with me don't you?

She raises her head shocked at what he just told her. With a warm smile and a twinkle in her eyes she hugs him. After almost half an hour of walking into the forest miles and miles away from the school they finally made it to where they last picked up on Rias's scent. Wendy is the first to react and motions to everyone to stop. She then looks towards her brother, causing Natsu to question her.

Natsu: what's wrong?

She keeps looking at her him then looks forward then back at her brother again. She does two or three more times trying to figure out what is going on. Natsu puzzled by his young sisters actions closes his eyes and begins to listen to his surroundings as well as pick up on the slightest scent of Rias. As Natsu closes his eyes he can hear what's going on for miles and miles ahead of him. He can hear that deeper in the forest there's a herd of deer eating grass. He can hear a woodpecker off in the distance he can even hear the heartbeat of Xenovia. Natsu then picks up on a scent all two familiar with to him. He picks up on Rias's scent and also picks up on his own. He opens his eyes as his sister along with everyone else are left surprised at what they see. They see Natsu, hand in hand with Rias.

Wendy: if it weren't for you standing right next to me. I would have thought that was you over there.

Says the young dragon slayer. Everyone including Issei are left baffled at this. As he didn't believe Natsu when he said, that it wasn't him who took Rias and injured Koneko. The fake Natsu along with Rias stop and look at everyone else.

Fake Natsu: Well didn't take long for you all to find me.

Natsu: Who are you and why are you posing as me?!

He asked agitated at what's going on.

Fake Natsu: woah woah calm down my friend. That's no way to talk to your twin.