Episode 67: Waddle Doo vs King Doo

Waddle Dees were once again, as usual, guarding(?) the castle, serving for King Dedede, and following Waddle Doo's orders. One day, Waddle Doo was in charge of cleaning Dedede's room as he decided to switch tasks with Escargoon for a day. Waddle Doo hummed as he was dusting the room and the transporter. 

It would have been a normal day if nothing came through the transporter, but this story would not be fun without anything coming through the transporter. Once again, Susie has sent a surprise for Dedede, especially for Waddle Doo. Whenever she sent something without letting Dedede know, it's all free since it's all experimental, so Susie and Haltmann never charged for anything sent without any notice. 

"Huh? What is this?" Waddle Doo asked himself as he poked on the object that was sent to the transporter. It was just a yellowish slime-like blob that would remind people of silly putty. As Waddle Doo asked himself, Waddle Dees were all also interested in the object so they all surrounded it. Waddle Doo warned for the Waddle Dees' safety, "Step aside, Waddle Dees. This object may be dangerous. Lady Susie seems to have some grudges against his majesty these days, so she might be plotting something against him." Waddle Dees all nodded to Waddle Doo's warning and stepped one step further away from the silly-putty-looking blob. Waddle Doo gulped and poked it with its bare hands instead of the duster. 

The blob reacted to the sensation and shined as it rose into the air. "Huh??!!" Waddle Doo yelped as the blob shined and started to shape. It became larger and rounder, just like Waddle Doo. It looked like Waddle Doo, just four times bigger, purple eyes, and a metal helmet screwed on its head when it was done transforming. "WADDLE DEES! ESCAPE! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!" Waddle Doo announced and the whole army of Waddle Dees and Waddle Doo escaped the castle for their own safety. 

Meanwhile, Dedede was sun-tanning in the balcony, despite the large escape sound. "I want tea!" Dedede always pronounced 'tea' as 'teh'. Because Waddle Dees and Waddle Doo already escaped the castle, there was no one who heard Dedede's request, no demand. No response. Dedede called once again, "Hey! Waddle Dees! I WANT TEA!" 

"Ah! Your Majesty!" Escargoon screamed as he rushed into the balcony to hear Dedede's demand. 

"Escargoon! Where are all da Waddle Dees!!??" Dedede bellowed.

"I have no idea sire, they just disappeared!" Escargoon said. "But I shall get you your tea right away!" 

"Grr! What am I payin' dose orange blobs fo'!!??" Dedede complained when he barely pays them under minimum wage and still force them to work on the labor when he should be glad that they are not quitting on him and are still loyal to him. 

********

Waddle Doo and Waddle Dees arrived at the beach, the farthest place away from the castle. "Waddle Dees!" Waddle Doo called. "Are you all okay!?" 

Waddle Dees all gestured to indicate that they are all okay. 

"Oh! I hope his majesty is just fine!" Waddle Doo started to worry about him after forgetting about him while trying to save his and Waddle Dees' lives. He completely forgot about Escargoon. 

********

"Here is your tea, sire," Escargoon served warm tea. Not too hot. Not too cold. Just right. 

"Mm!" Dedede said as he sipped the tea. "Anyway, where are dose Waddle Dees and Waddle Doo!?" Dedede asked. 

"I have no idea sire, they just ran away from the castle and I have no idea why," Escargoon said. 

"What!? You saw dem get out of the castle!?" Dedede asked.

"Yes, they were running straight away from your room, it seemed," Escargoon said.