Episode 35: Happy D-Day!

"Happy Birthday, dad!" Tiff and Tuff said to Sir Ebrum, their father.

"Happy Birthday, dear!" Lady Like said to Sir Ebrum, her husband.

"Poyo, poyo!" Kirby said to Sir Ebrum.

"Thank you, all of you!" Sir Ebrum replied happily.

"Here's for you, dear," Lady Like said as she gave him a present.

"Thank you, my dear," Sir Ebrum replied as he took the present.

"For you dad, Tuff and I pooled money to buy this for you," Tiff said as she handed him a present.

"Thank you, kids," Sir Ebrum warmly smiled as he took the present.

"Poyo, poyo!" Kirby said as he handed the present he prepared himself.

"Wow, thank you, Kirby!"Sir Ebrum thanked as he took the present.

"Ah-ha! I caught y'all red-handed!" Dedede exclaimed as he, Escargoon, and Waddle Dees burst in.

"What misunderstanding do you have now?" Tiff asked. She was not even surprised. "If you're thinking that we're planning to throw you out of the castle, although I would, we were not doing that. Today is my dad's birthday and we're celebrating."

"Birthday?" Dedede asked.

"We were just saying happy birthday to him," Tuff replied sassily.

"What's birthday?!" Dedede asked.

"Oh sire, that's the day you were born," Escargoon explained. "On birthday, people eat special food and receive gifts to celebrate the day they were born as they are now a year older."

"What about ma birthday?!" Dedede asked.

"How are we supposed to know your birthday if you never told us?! And even if we did, we wouldn't celebrate it!" Tiff said.

"Does dis mean I ain't gettin' a gift?" Dedede whispered into Escargoon's ears.

"Sire I don't think anyone knows your birthday," Escargoon said. "Even I don't know when your birthday is."

"Well then figure it out now!" Dedede demanded. "I wanna know when ma birthday is by the time this day is over!"

"Ah! Yes, sire! Come along, squirts!" Escargoon and Waddle Dees all exited the room.

"If he finds when ma birthday is, I'm gonna make y'all get meh a present!" Dedede said.

"Why should we?! You never appreciated anything you got!" Tiff said.

"If y'all don't listen, I will forbid celebrating a birthday in Dreamland!" Dedede screamed and stormed out of the room.

"Geez, what a jerk," Tiff said.

"Poyo?" Kirby said.

"By the way, when is Kirby's birthday?" Tuff asked.

"I cannot say for sure, but let's just say his anniversary is his birthday," Tiff said. "That's the day he came into our lives."

"That's true," Tuff said.

"Get prepared for your third anniversary, Kirby!" Tiff said. "We have a very special things for you!"

"Poyo, poyo!" Kirby cheered proudly.

********

The next morning came with a bright, joyful sunrise. Dedede walked around Cappy Town, alone. He made Escargoon find his birthday since he wasn't able to find it yesterday, and he was too lazy to drive himself. As he looked around, he saw some kids celebrating their birthday with their family and friends.