Episode 7: A Cat Named Pooch

Kirby woke up in Tokkori's nest as the warm sunshine sparkled upon his face. He rubbed his eyes and and stretched. Then he climbed down and started to walk to Cappy Town, but then he heard something unusual. Something different, but not thankfully, not dangerous. "Meow..." something made a very weak sound. "Meow..." Kirby walked towards the direction where the sound came from. "Me... ow..." The sound became weaker and more desperate as the time passed. Kirby found a cat, just lying there. He was even able to hear the stomach growling coming from the cat. Kirby ran in the cottage to get some food to eat. He found some berries and brought it back to the hungry cat. The cat's eyes widened as if it saw a miracle in front of him. The cat started to gobble up the berries from Kirby's hand. 

Kirby then noticed a necklace around its neck. He checked the necklace and noticed that it was a name tag. The small, golden tag read 'Pooch'. 

"Poyo?" Kirby couldn't read. He and Dedede are the only ones in Cappy Town who can't read. But judging by the fact that it has a necklace, it wasn't just a stray cat, it must have an owner. Kirby decided to walk around Cappy Town to find the owner of Pooch.

First, he went to Mayor's house. "Hello, Kirby!" Mayor greeted. "Oh, is that a cat? May I see it?" Kirby let Pooch walk up to the mayor. "Oh, it's so cute! Is it your new pet?"

"Poyo," Kirby shook his head. "Poyo?" Kirby pointed at Pooch, then the mayor.

"Oh, it's not my cat," Mayor replied. "Maybe go around in Cappy Town and look for the owner."

Second was Mabel. "That is not my cat. Why don't you try somewhere else?"

Third was Chief Bookem. "I don't own any pets. Why don't you stroll out some more while I run to get some donuts?"

Fourth was Kawasaki. "Oh! Get the cat out! Huh? Are you asking if it's mine?" Kirby nodded. "No, it's not mine, and I can't have cats in my kitchen!"

Fifth was Samo. "I don't recall owning a cat. Why not try someone else?"

Sixth was Tuggle. "I never owned a cat. Try someplace else.

Seventh was Melman. "Sorry, Kirby, not mine. Ooh... my back..."

Eighth was Biblio. "Nope, not mine. I never owned a cat."

Kirby was exhausted by now. Pooch should belong to someone, or else, it wouldn't have a name tag necklace around its neck. To solve the problem, Kirby decided to go to the smartest one in Cappy Town: Tiff. 

"Hmm..." Tiff said as she held up Pooch and examined it. "It even has a name, Pooch. And it's owned by no one in Cappy Town?"

"Poyo," Kirby replied.

"Well, I don't know what to do," Tiff said. "Maybe it's not from Cappy Town. Maybe it ran away from other town and came here to find a new owner. Or maybe, it got lost while wandering near town. Why don't you take care of it until the owner comes, Kirby? Or maybe it doesn't have an owner, so that it can be your friend!"

"Poyo!" Kirby was excited to have a new friend. 

"Here, Kirby," Tuff said as he brought a grilled fish. "You can feed it to Pooch."

"Poyo," Kirby took the fish and gave it to Pooch. Pooch grabbed it with its jaw, gently placed it on the ground, bit into it, and chewed it lightly. 

"Aww, look at him eat," Tiff said. 

"It's so cute!" Tuff reacted.

"Poyo!" Kirby agreed.

"Wait a minute, Kirby," Tiff said. She went to her room and grabbed a ball of yarn. "Here, cats love yarns. Let it play with it when you go home."