Episode 82: Super Duper Ultra Nova Part 1

A/N: I changed up the story a bit from the game so that it can be shorter than it is. 

In the stellar system where Planet Popstar was located, a weird phenomenon happened that messed up Planet Popstar: the sun and moon got into a huge fight. 

"You're nothing but a sphere of stone that only shines by reflecting my light!" the sun argued, which no one could hear. "I provide energy for everyone, and you're useless!"

"Oh please, these planets would be nothing without me!" the moon argued back, which no one could hear. "I play a huge role in moderating the climate!" 

"Let's see who's the better one!" the sun challenged the moon to a battle. 

"Yeah!" the moon agreed and accepted the challenge. 

The sun slammed the moon out of the way, turning the planet into daytime. The moon then slammed the sun out of the way, turning the planet into nighttime. They circled each other quickly to look for a room to attack. 

Tiff, Tuff, Meta Knight, and Kirby were all watching the sun and moon having a huge physical fight, messing up the daytime light and the nighttime darkness. 

"I haven't seen sun and moon fight," Tiff said as the day and night changed repeatedly. 

"Why are they even fighting, by the way?" Tuff asked. 

"Dunno," Tiff replied. 

"This can only happen in this kind of solar system," Meta Knight said. 

"So you're saying the other solar system in the galaxy and possibly in the universe does not have this phenomenon?" Tiff asked. 

Meta Knight nodded and said, "Yes. In other solar systems, the sun would win if they fight because it's almost millions of times bigger. Here, the sun and moon are the same sizes."

"More importantly, how do we make them stop?" Tiff asked. "It's not like we can fly there and beg them to stop fighting."

"I am not sure either..." Meta Knight said. 

"Poyo..." Kirby said hopelessly. 

"Hey!" a voice called them behind their backs. Tiff, Meta Knight, and Kirby all turned around to see who had just called them. The creature was pink with a blue and red jester hat with a pattern of white circles on the blue side and another pattern of white triangles on the red side, a red bow tie, brown dress shoes, and innocent eyes. It was also balancing itself as it was jumping on a ball. "I know a way to make them stop fighting."

"And you are?" Tiff asked. 

"My name is Marx!" the creature answered. "If you want them to stop fighting, you should make a wish upon Nova!"

"What's 'Nova'?" Tuff asked. 

"It's a planet-sized, mechanical comet that can grant wishes," Marx explained. 

"And how do we get to it?" Tiff asked.

"You need to activate the power of the Fountain of Dreams!" Marx explained. 

"How do we activate the power of the Fountain of Dreams?" Tiff asked. 

"There is a large, beautiful fountain in Planet Popstar" Marx explained kindly. "It holds the power to activate the Nova so that it could grant one wish to one individual. As rare it is, it has been guarded by seven powerful monsters, so in order to access it, we must fight and defeat all seven powerful monsters."

"Thank you, but why are you kindly explaining this to us?" Meta Knight asked. 

"I'm tired of them fighting," Marx said. "And I also heard there are two Star Warriors in Planet Popstar who can be up for the job! So will you?"