Episode 42: Race Ace - Part 2

The race has started.

Dedede and Escargoon were in lead. "Heh-heh-heh! The gold trophy is mine!" Dedede screamed in joy as he cheered loudly. 

"Careful, sire! You're about to make me turn the wrong way!" Escargoon screamed in fear as he was receiving hits from Dedede's excitement.

Meta Knight was running right after Dedede and Escargoon. "Just make sure that he does not do anything to Kirby," Meta Knight said to himself quietly as he drove. "Or worse, if Susie set any booby traps inside any parts of this track..."

Kirby was slowly catching up to Meta Knight. "Poyo, poyo!" Kirby was taking his sweet time.

Mayor took his time to not make sharp turns. "Ah! Faster, honey! We're way behind!" Hana scolded to Mayor.

"I'm trying to be safe so that I don't hurt you and this car!" Mayor defended himself from his wife's scoldings. 

Meanwhile, at the racers' station, Waddle Dees, Sword Knight, Blade Knight, Tiff, Tuff, Fololo, Falala, and Gus were standing by to repair or give some energy to the racers. Tiff was still suspicious. "There's gotta be something wrong, this whole thing is set by Susie!"

"Will you calm down? Nothing happened just yet!" Tuff said.

"Just you wait, we can't let our guard down," Tiff said.

"Looks like the mayor is not gonna get the gold trophy this time," Gus said.

After everyone passed the first lap, Susie announced, "It looks like every racers have finished their first out of seven laps! The lead is King Dedede and Escargoon, the second is Meta Knight, the third is Kirby, and last is the mayor!" 

Everyone cheered for all the racers except Dedede and Escargoon.

Susie turned off the mic and said, "Just you wait Kirby, there is a booby trap set just for you!" After Meta Knight has surpassed Dedede and Escargoon, Susie turned the mic back on and said, "Oh?! Look at that! Meta Knight has just took the lead!"

"Whachu doin', Escargoon?! Step on it!!" Dedede demanded. 

"I know, sire!" Escargoon screamed back. Escargoon stepped on the gas harder, which made them go little front of Meta Knight. But Meta Knight catched up on them again, then Dedede and Escargoon, then back and forth.

"Oh, it looks like there is a struggle between Meta Knight versus Dedede and Escargoon! We cannot tell who is keep in the lead!" Susie announced. I won't let Meta Knight win! You'll be in the same fate as Kirby! Just the way I planned!

Just then, Kirby passed Dedede and Escargoon. The cheer was louder as Kirby advanced forward.

"Whoa! Looks like Kirby has joined the competition to take the lead! The odds of racers of getting that gold trophy has been deducted!" Susie announced. But you Star Warriors will not have a chance to even lay your hands on the gold trophy! Muahahahahaha! Susie thought, then she heard the crowd cheer. Whew! That was good announcing right?

"Ya not gonna get a chance, ya pink fluff!" Dedede exclaimed. "Step on it, clam face!" Dedede demanded to Escargoon.

"Right on!" Escargoon said as he stepped on the gas harder. 

"No you won't," Meta Knight said under his breath and slightly bumped into Dedede's car on the side. This caused them to slide to the side.

"Yo! Meta Knight! Whachu think you're doin?!" Dedede said as they slid to their side.

"That's cheating!" Escargoon said.

As they were complaining, about Meta Knight getting in their way, Mayor passed right them steadily. "See you later your majesty~" Mayor said as he passed by.