Episode 25: Flashback's Payback

Haltmann hired so much more people to work for his company, yet Susie was still the best employee so far. It would be almost impossible for any employees to take her secretary seat. He looked through every single applications and reports of his current and past workers. "Susie..." Haltmann said as he looked through her information and report of what she has done since her first day. "You know, you never told me your last name. Why don't you ever tell me?"

"I'm an orphan, Mr. President," Susie said. "I lost my parents long time ago when I was a baby."

"Oh... sorry about that," Haltmann replied with guilt.

"It's all right, Mr. President," Susie replied. "I don't even remember them. All I remember is, I was found in an orphanage, tested my IQ, realized that I'm smart enough to go to university when I'm ten years old. I got my bachelor's degree when I was fifteen, majoring in engineering. Then I got my master's degree when I turned eighteen. Now, as twenty-four, I got my doctorate degree. And now, I'm not worried about my parents anymore. I'm happy with my life, my intelligence, and the fact that I'm working for you."

"All right..." Haltmann replied. Then he sadly went back into his private room. He quietly sat down and looked at the family picture of his dead wife and daughter. "The two most cherishable women in my life... just disappeared in my life... right in front of my eyes..." His teardrops dropped on the picture frame. "Oh... honey... I'm sorry..."

********

"Yo! Escargoon!" Dedede called from the balcony. "Where you hidin' at?!" Dedede demanded

"Gosh, even though he can read, he still can't get his grammar straight," Escargoon said. "Yes, your majesty! I'm coming!"

"It's about time! Go get meh some tea!" Dedede ordered.

"Yes, your majesty," Escargoon said and got him the tea. 

Escargoon never made the tea the way Dedede wanted it to be. "It's lousy!"

"I'll get you a new one," Escargoon said and went to the room to change the temperature of the tea. "I miss my mommy..." Escargoon said as he carried the teacup. "I wonder why he's so grumpy all the time. Did something happen to him when he was a kid? I mean, I never met his parents before, nor he ever talks about them..." 

Usually, King Dedede would be reading the monster and robot catalogs, but this time, he was looking at something different. Much different than monster and robot catalogs. It was a photo of two other figures that look like him, holding a baby. "I wonder what kind of people they were..." Dedede said as he looked at the picture. He never got to see his parents even once. "YO! TEA!" 

"Here you go sire," Escargoon said. Dedede took a sip. "Go clean my room!"

"Yes, sire," Escargoon replied. When he got out of the balcony, he said to himself, "Looks like the King never saw his parents for a long time after his birth. Is that the reason he's always grumpy? But he never saw anything like that before." He kept walking until Waddle Dees came into his sight. "Waddle Dees, do you anything about the King's past?" He asked.

All Waddle Dees looked at each other and tapped on the spot. 

"What about your past?" Escargoon asked.

Waddle Dees looked at each other and shook their heads and hands.

"Good afternoon, sir Escargoon," Waddle Doo greeted.

"Oh Waddle Doo," Escargoon responded. "Do you know anything about the King's past? I think you might know." He asked.

"Uhh... I don't know, sir," Waddle Doo replied.