Episode 18: E-scar-goat

Today is the day King Dedede FINALLY let Escargoon have a day off. Escargoon skipped happily through the Cappy Town as he sang a song about Dedede.

He's always a thorn in my side

That demon Dedede

But it is really hard for Escargoon

Laughing off failed schemes

And blaming it on me

He's truly very selfish

But I love his majesty!

Cappies were confused by Escargoon's happiness, but more than of all, the fact that he was not in the castle, serving for Dedede.

"Escargoon?" Chief Bookem asked. "What are you doing outside the cadtle, not with the king?"

"His majesty finally gave me a day off!" Escargoon said excitedly. "I'm the happiest snail today!"

"I never knew he would do something that nice," Samo said as he heard Escargoon.

"How was he able to find a kindness in his heart?" Tuggle said.

"It took longer than how I found 235 of my architectures," Curio said.

"Well, I predict this kindness wouldn't last long," Mabel said.

"What do you think what made Dedede give Escargoon a day off?" Tuff asked Tiff as they were both walking around in the castle with Kirby.

"I'm not sure," Tiff said. "But I'm sure deep down in his heart, he has a room for kindness. Right, Kirby?"

"Poyo, poyo!" Kirby replied.

********

Although Escargoon was happy thay he got a day off, he didn't know what to do to spend the day off. There was really nothing to do. He saw little kids playing in the playground as he passed by. "If I was a little kid, I wouldn't have to worry about playing there without others looking at me as if I'm a weird guy. Oh what am I thinking?!"

Escargoon stopped in front of the sheep farm. They looked so fluffy and cuddly. Escargoon wanted to hold onto one of them. His instincts told him to walk towards them and cuddle one of them. "It won't hurt to try..." Escargoon said as he walked towards one of the sheep and cuddled it so passionately. The sheep being hugged by Escargoon was creeped out, and the other sheep looked at Escargoon as if he was crazy. "Ahh... So soft... feels like a puffy cloud..."

"Escargoon?" Mayor asked as he noticed Escargoon hugging one of his sheep. "What are you doing?"

"Just leave me in peace..." Escargoon said peacefully. "I've never had this much comfort in all my life. Just five more minutes..."

"If you like the wool so much," Mayor said. "I'll give you some when they need to be sheared. That wouldn't be so long."

"Oh, I would like that!" Escargoon said. "Allow me to be with your sheep for rest of the day."

"Umm, sure... I guess..." Mayor thought it was weird, but since Escargoon was not causing any mischiefs, he thought it was okay.

*********

"Oh?! Free monster or robot you said?!" Dedede asked Susie.

"Yes, your majesty," Susie said. "Just this once, since I hate Kirby and Meta Knight so much at this moment, might as well just give you monster or robot for free. So you can be happy, I can be happy, Mr. President can be happy, and your servant can be happy. By the way, where is sir Escargoon?"