Episode 54: Dream High!

Susie hummed while listening to her playlist and solving math and science problems from her old textbooks for fun. These days, she was able to solve at least 150 questions less than ten minutes, and she would get bored that she does something else to get rid of her boredom. She dusted her awards and degrees and looked back into the past when she first attended university. She would sometimes correct the professor because they either got the formula wrong, or they miscalculated some calculus problems. Those were the days... Susie thought as she gently touched her Bachelor's, Master's, and Doctoral degree. Her university lifestyle was basically like a playground for children. Now that she earned so much money, she wanted to try out for a Professional degree. Although she loved working as Haltmann's secretary, she dreamed of becoming a professor at a university to teach future professors. Because she would always correct the professors' mistakes, she wanted to be one of the best professors.

"Susie, dear, may I come in?" Haltmann asked as he knocked on the door. 

"Please do, Mr. President," Susie said.

"What were you doing, my dear?" Haltmann asked.

"Looking at my degrees," Susie replied. "And... I was thinking that I may want to teach one day. But that is a conflict because I love working for your company also."

"You can always have two jobs," Haltmann said.

"Really?" Susie asked with her eyes wide open.

"Of course, I don't want to crush dreams of my favorite secretary," Haltmann said with a warm smile.

"Well, that's less concerning for me," Susie said.

"You're helping me achieve my dream," Haltmann said. "I'll never destroy yours."

"Well thank you," Susie said as she flipped her hair behind her. "By the way, did you need something from me?"

"Not really, but I was here to give you something," Haltmann said as he handed out a white envelope. 

Susie received it and opened it, and her eyes were widened by how much pay she received. "Really? This is twice as much as my usual!"

"Consider it as your increase," Haltmann said.

"Thank you, Mr. President," Susie said.

"You'll be needing that much for future tuitions if you want to finish your education," Haltmann said.

"You're very generous, Mr. President," Susie said.

"I'll be in my office now," Haltmann said as he exited. Haltmann went into his office and locked the door behind him. His office is pretty small, about half the size of Susie's room. Behind his gold and purple seat, there was a large gate. He pressed 57 buttons, which opened the gate. Behind the gate, there was a gigantic room, with an enormous robot. He continued to work on the robot. "My dreams are about to come true," Haltmann said as he screwed in the nails and arranged the resistors.

********

Tuff was playing video game ALL day. From the moment he woke up and until the sun was starting to set, he was in front of the television and game console, holding his game controller the whole time. With curtains closed, lights all off, blanket over him, bowls of snack next to him, his thumbs aggressively tapping on the controller, he was basically being a no-lifer who thinks that video games are only things he needs in life.

"Tuff! What are you think you're doing?" Lady Like asked in horror.

"You need to stop playing for today!" Sir Ebrum demanded, but it didn't sound like a demand with his gentle tone and voice.