Devine Book From the Heavens

In the main hall of the Xuanyuan Sect, the Lord of Demons Wenren È had already been in secluded meditation for seven days, door shut tight behind him, the food and drink sent daily by his subordinates untouched. Who knew what profound cultivation technique he had comprehended?

Altar Master Yuan, who managed the main hall, felt quite troubled. The Venerable Lord suddenly entered seclusion without any orders to his subordinates, and no one knew when he would emerge. If he'd really enlightened to a new technique or ascended in realm... shouldn't a celebration be prepared?

The Lord of Demons wasn't extravagant in nature and didn't like formalities. But if he really rose in level, then Altar Master Yuan should at least assemble everyone in the meeting room of the main hall, in order to congratulate him on his increase in strength and discuss the future of the Xuanyuan Sect in conquering the cultivation world.

Altar Master Yuan, after puzzling over his dilemma, finally decided to ask the Xuanyuan Sect's Left Protector, Yin Hanjiang, for help. Yin Hanjiang was the Venerable's closest confidant and had contact with him right before he entered seclusion. He was the one most likely to understand Wenren È's thoughts.

Yin Hanjiang had been guarding the door to the meditation chamber for the full seven days, wearing all black, a frosty expression on his face. He was a man of few words. After listening to Altar Master Yuan's concerns, his indifferent face showed a slightly puzzled expression, and he seemed to be at a loss.

The rather short Altar Master Yuan looked up to meet Yin Hanjiang's eyes, waiting for advice from him.

Yin Hanjiang worked his mouth and forced out a few words. "Not for now."

"Huh?" Altar Master Yuan said blankly. "This one heard that the Venerable received a rare tome seven days ago and immediately entered seclusion. The Venerable has not had a breakthrough in his cultivation for years, and there are very few techniques that might catch his eye. If he's secluding himself, might there not be hope for a breakthrough?"

"Like I said, it's not necessary," Yin Hanjiang said coldly, and the sword in his hand flashed with a keen light. Altar Master Yuan didn't dare to ask any more questions and hurried away.

After he left, Yin Hanjiang turned to look at the tightly-shut door behind him, and his frosty expression became one of confusion.

The Venerable indeed received a book seven days ago. Everyone assumed it was a secret tome, but only Yin Hanjiang, who was nearby at the time, caught a glimpse of the book's title—Abusive Romance: You Are the Unchanging One in My Heart.

The title was mushy enough to make Yin Hanjiang's teeth ache. Nothing about this book resembled a book of secret techniques. Even the romance novels written by mortal scholars had more classy titles than this.

Yin Hanjiang had thought that Wenren È would immediately burn that rubbish work to ash, but who could've imagined that he'd open it, glance at the first page, let out a deep sigh, and immediately seclude himself with it?

For the Lord of Demons, was a mortal novel worth carefully pouring over for seven days?

The longer Yin Hanjiang stood in front of the doors, the more troubled he was.

This was the cultivation world—it couldn't be compared to the Jianghu and Wulin of the mortal world. Wulin and Jianghu were communities of mortals who dedicated themselves to strengthening their bodies in order to stand out as slightly stronger than ordinary men. No matter how much they trained their inner power, it was only acquired strength, and at most they could manage to slay a beast with one fist. However, the cultivation world was a level above the martial world of Wulin. Cultivators left behind the affairs of the mortal world, using various methods to ascend to the realm of immortals. Their innate power also far surpassed the Wulin martial artists' acquired power.