Who Are You, Handsome?

While speaking, Hè Wenzhao used his spiritual essence to force out the yin energy inside his body. He was a Void Boundary cultivator, and Su Huai's level was too low in comparison, so any effect he had could only be temporary. After the yin energy was gone, Hè Wenzhao would be fine.

But Su Huai had humiliated him in front of his fellow disciples and his wife, so his expression was rather strained. If Baili Qingmiao wasn't shielding Su Huai, Hè Wenzhao would've taught the Core Formation brat a lesson.

"This is my disciple, Su Huai," said Baili Qingmiao. Now that she had come back to her senses and her emotions were being suppressed by Zhongli Qian, she could speak casually with her shixiong. She put a hand on Su Huai's shoulder as she introduced him.

"Shouldn't he greet his elders, then?" Liu Xinye said at Hè Wenzhao's side, an unpleasant look on her face.

Su Huai pulled a face. He had only reluctantly accepted Baili Qingmiao. As a ghost cultivator, he had no loyalty to the Shangqing Sect, and in fact, now that he and Qiu Congxue got along, she had promised to recommend him into the Hellfire Pavilion. If he did good, she said she would even help him get rid of the current Altar Master Shi and gain the position of master of Hellfire Pavilion.

Su Huai had no wish to show respect to these strangers in front of him.

Baili Qingmiao had been taught manners by Shangqing Sect since youth and was about to order him to, when Immortal Qingxue said, "Huh? I'm an elder. Why don't you greet me?"

Su Huai immediately bowed deeply to Qingxue. "This disciple greets Master Qingxue."

The assembled members of Shangqing Sect were speechless.

"Oh, and you." Qingxue took out a jade with the piece of Liu Xinye's soul sealed inside. "When are you going to repay me my elixir? You're only at Deity Transformation? A Deity Transformation Nascent Soul isn't worth the Seven-Colored Lotus Heart. It'll probably even out if you add in your cultivation partner.

Liu Xinye: ...

Hè Wenzhao: ...

Hè Wenzhao quickly grabbed Liu Xinye's hand and led the rest of the disciples to bow to Qingxue. "Greetings to Elder Qingxue."

At the same time, Su Huai also bowed, following Zhongli Qian's instructions. That way, neither side was insulted.

"Elder, for the past thirty years, we have been searching for a cure for the Sect Master and unable to find you an elixir. Fortunately, the Lockheart Herb is the last thing he needs, and after he wakes, this disciple can leave his duties and accompany his wife to find a treasure for you. We beg for your forgiveness," Hè Wenzhao said. Even though he had been embarrassed, he suppressed his emotions and was willing to plead on his wife's behalf.

Her shixiong was such a good husband, Baili Qingmiao thought, and she couldn't help but fall back into her old infatuation.

Zhongli Qian slapped his bamboo scroll against his palm and Su Huai immediately drew the Rod of Heartbreak. Baili Qingmiao frantically said, "Don't hit me! I'm calm!"

Seeing the giant weapon brought out again, Hè Wenzhao quickly dodged out of the way with Liu Xinye. With no one to hit, Su Huai curled his lip and put away his weapon.

Since both sides were tense, Zhongli Qian announced, "Let's go check out the volcano. Curing the Sect Master is what's most important."

The standoff was resolved, with everyone heading toward the crater.

From Hè Wenzhao's words, when they had arrived at the Violet Spirit Pavilion, the Pavilion Master had glanced at them through a curtain and sent them all to the crater to come up with a solution on their own, saying that they could have any sprouts they managed to ripen. Everyone had been spending this time racking their brains at the top of the volcano, but had not found a way to restrict the lava to a suitable area.