Ziwu Soul Locking Array

The Burning Sky Drum flew at incredible speeds and arrived back at Xuanyuan Sect in less than an hour.

Yin Hanjiang completely removed Yao Jiaping's skin. Standing atop the drum, his red robes fluttered in the wind, outlining his lithe frame. A silver belt stood out against the red, making his waist look particularly thin.

Arriving above the Main Hall, he didn't descend, instead transmitting loud and clear, "All members of Xuanyuan Sect, deploy the Ziwu Soul Locking Array."

Everyone in the Main Hall heard his transmission and was shocked.

Qiu Congxue, who'd been dispirited since having all the flesh sliced off her by Yin Hanjiang, immediately brightened up. Laughing wildly, she grabbed Su Huai, who was sleeping with a book in hand and drooling. "Come on, disciple, let's go deploy the array!"

"W—what array?" Su Huai said, his brains rattled by Qiu Congxue's shaking. He immediately raised the Rod of Heartbreak. "Wh—what is it? Are we being invaded?"

"The Ziwu Soul Locking Array. I've only seen it once in three hundred years," Qiu Congxue said, licking her lips. "A hundred years ago, when Wenren È and Yin Hanjiang slaughtered their way into the sect, and the old Sect Master was on the verge of death from the Burning Sky Drum's backlash, he ordered us to seal them with the Ziwu Soul Locking Array."

The sky had turned dark at midday as over a hundred experts of the Xuanyuan Sect set up the array, trapping the badly wounded Wenren È and Yin Hanjiang. Everyone thought the two would die. Qiu Congxue, who had been impaled through the brain, maintained the array most desperately of all, determined to kill them.

They maintained the array for three days and nights. Just when everyone thought they had been killed, the twin stars of Polis and Alkaid blazed in the sky. A blood-red demonic sword and black halberd broke out of the array together. Wenren È flew out, calling back the Seven Killing Halberd, and the blood sword transformed back into Yin Hanjiang, who collapsed, being caught by Wenren È and held against his chest.

"I must commend you for pushing me to such an extent," Wenren È said slowly. "I thought the Xuanyuan Sect was full of fiends, not one worth keeping, but from what I see now, some can be used."

A wave of the halberd called up the powers of the Northern and Southern Dippers. Above Wenren È's head, a star map formed.

Fighting intent allowed Wenren È to not feel the pain of his wounds. The power of the stars replenished his drained spiritual essence. Wenren È's black robe fell, revealing starlight shining on his back.

It wasn't a technique he had purposefully cultivated, but the scars left from his life-and-death experiences on the battlefield as a mortal.

The scars mysteriously connected into a map of the fourteen major stars, steadily absorbing energy from them. With a swing of the Seven Killing Halberd, the unleashed power of the stars injured all of the hundred-plus people maintaining the array.

At that moment, Wenren È stood alone with Yin Hanjiang in his arms. Of the Xuanyuan Sect members, who had just been trying to kill him, all who were capable of getting up kneeled to him, with both hands pressed against the ground and their heads deeply bowed.

They kneeled to Wenren È's power that could overcome a hundred men, to the courage to take on Xuanyuan Sect with only two people, to this miraculous scene of starlight filling the heavens.

From that moment on, Wenren È was recognized by all as the Lord of Demons.

And the Ziwu Soul Locking Array became a secret technique of the Xuanyuan Sect. With Wenren È there, they would never need such an array. Even in the Great Sect War, it hadn't been used.