A Pile of Rubbish

When he tossed the book, Wenren È had put up an illusion, making it look like two books had flown over. As a Mahayana stage cultivator, it was easy for him to fool some mortals, and even Zhongli Kuang hadn't realized that there was only one book. Only Zhongli Qian swept over a suspicious glance. He had also caught a glimpse of the cover, and knew it didn't belong to the library. But in that case, where had it come from?

The Lord of Demons had no intention of explaining. Right when he saw the second book appear, he no longer had any interest in staying at the conference. He transmitted to Shu Yanyan, "Use whatever method you can to separate Zhongli Qian from the Zhongli clan. If you can do that, your punishment will be decreased by ninety-nine years."

The last year could be for the two Altar Masters who had been locked in the water prison and the two who had been dragged to her bed. A year was nothing for Shu Yanyan, anyway. Hearing that her sentence could be lightened so much, her eyes brightened and she immediately replied, "Your subordinate won't disappoint you!"

After issuing his command, Wenren È nodded to Zhongli Qian, then leapt out of the window, so quickly that none of the ordinary people in attendance knew what happened.

The three Zhongli young masters had noticed, however. Wenren È, after taking his leave of Zhongli Qian, had shown that he was a high-level cultivator. Not wanting to cause any trouble, Zhongli Qian turned his attention to the conference instead. Zhongli Kuang was fuming and on the verge of flipping a table. Zhongli Qian smoothly took the brush out of his hand, turned around, and wrote a poem across a wall.

His bearing was dignified, his brush strokes free and graceful. Flecks of ink landed on his white sleeve, blossoming through the fabric. His literacy and bearing both stopped people in their tracks. Zhongli Kuang, after having his pen taken, knew Zhongli Qian wouldn't permit him to make a fuss anymore, and could only suppress his anger. He returned to his seat and gulped down a mouthful of wine.

After the conference ended, the scholars all gathered around Zhongli Qian with praise, unwilling to leave. Zhongli Qian reassured them that Five Willow Manor was open to all with a love for learning, and they were welcome to come back for the next discussion.

Only then did they all leave happily. Shu Yanyan kept making eyes at Zhongli Qian, only waiting until the end to get up. Seeing that Zhongli Qian really didn't pay any attention to her, she dejectedly walked out of the library.

After going a few steps, she heard a voice call to her from behind. "Could this lady please wait?"

Shu Yanyan put on a soft smile and when she turned around to see Zhongli Kuang, she thought that even if she couldn't get the shark fin soup, she could still make do. The important part was that Zhongli Kuang could be used to lure out Zhongli Qian. If she could get ahold of Zhongli Qian, the Venerable would return her darlings to her!

Shu Yanyan was willing to occasionally pick a weed from the roadside for the sake of a forest.

Meanwhile, after getting the book, Wenren È immediately flew to a faraway mountain range with Yin Hanjiang. Only after setting up an array and having Yin Hanjiang stand guard outside was he finally willing to start reading.

Just the first volume of God of Annihilation was about equal to Abusive Romance in thickness, another doorstopper of over a million words. Wenren È created a table and chair and sat down to study it.

He spent three days and nights reading it non-stop. After finishing, Wenren È was left with some troubling thoughts.

Objectively speaking, if this book had been an ordinary story, he would've enjoyed it. Some of the plot points were genuinely exciting, and he had wanted to applaud the protagonist several times.