Deception

"What is this?" Hè Wenzhao said furiously, holding a message talisman.

It had shown up in his room at some point. The Shangqing Sect had already strengthened its defenses, hearing that Wenren È had long since been interested in Baili Qingmiao and afraid he would show up to take her.

Despite having been married to Liu Xinye for many years, Hè Wenzhao's heart was still on his little shimei. Also, as he continued to gain strength, he came to believe that there was nothing wrong with a man taking three or four wives. The leader of the Nanguo clan was a Mahayana cultivator with a horde of wives, who he all treated lovingly, and who helped him manage his estate. Hè Wenzhao was currently the youngest Void Boundary cultivator in the cultivation world and was sure to rise to Mahayana in the future, so he very well could take multiple wives.

In Hè Wenzhao's heart, the position of his true wife was reserved for Baili Qingmiao. He had always seen her as his wife, so when he heard that Wenren È liked her, he saw red.

Thinking back to the events on True Yin Mountain, Wenren È had asked Baili Qingmiao to leave with him. Fortunately, shimei had refused.

Hè Wenzhao found it unbearable that someone so powerful wanted his shimei. "Master," he asked, "how can I get rid of this scum of the cultivation world?"

"Let's see..." The Blood Demon Elder chuckled in his mind. "Hasn't your Sect Master just woken up? Let me use your body to tell him something."

"Why should I give you my body?" Hè Wenzhao felt reluctant. Every time he let his master use his body, he would have a blank patch in his memories, and had no way of knowing what his master did. This made him uncomfortable, and he started having misgivings toward his master.

"Because I suspect Wenren È placed a gu parasite in you at True Yin Mountain, and might now be able to hear your thoughts," said the Blood Demon Elder. "Best that I use your body, and you distance yourself from this matter for a time. If this plan fails, we'll be unable to overcome Wenren È. When he kidnaps your little shimei, he'll have all the evil sorcery in the world to cast on her. A single spell could make her forget you forever."

Hè Wenzhao hesitated for a few more moments, then gritted his teeth and said, "Fine, I'll let you have my body for the next few days!"

The revisions of God of Annihilation stopped there, though Abusive Romance continued on a little further, recording how Hè Wenzhao had paid a visit to Baili Qingmiao. Baili Qingmiao had felt that something was off about him, but when she was about to ask, he knocked her unconscious. Su Huai seemed to have also been knocked unconscious.

The readers of Abusive Romance were all asking what had just happened. Had Liu Xinye taken Hè Wenzhao's appearance to harm Baili Qingmiao? The comments were full of discussions and questions. Wenren È knew, though, that Hè Wenzhao was likely possessed by the Blood Demon. He had no knowledge of his actions.

Odd. Cen Zhengqi would know that Hè Wenzhao was the protagonist, so it made sense that he wanted him possessed, but why did he want to knock out Baili Qingmiao? Wenren È had thought that turning Cen Zhengqi's attention toward Baili Qingmiao would focus more of the plot into Abusive Romance, so he could use it to monitor the situation. How did Cen Zhengqi think of Baili Qingmiao?

Something was off about this situation.

A chessboard appeared before Wenren È. He set down two white pieces, and the board suddenly changed unpredictably. Black had now, without its knowledge, been surrounded by White.

God of Annihilation had three volumes. It wasn't difficult for Cen Zhengqi to figure out that he had the first volume. But Abusive Romance had only one volume and he had been the first to get it. The only other who knew of it was Yin Hanjiang, who would never let information leak.