Burning Sky Immortal

Wenren È planned to take the Pavilion Master no matter what. It was no concern of his that the Shangqing disciples wouldn't be able to save their Sect Master without the Lockheart Herb. After all, he was the one who had injured their Sect Master. The idea that he would help him recover was laughable.

Seeing Yin Hanjiang was about to leave with the Pavilion Master, Hè Wenzhao tried to charge him, but was held back by his fellow disciples.

"Shixiong, even Immortal Qingxue was a Xuanyuan Sect mole, so what chance do we have left?" Liu Xinye said, holding his waist. "Just... bear it, okay?"

Hè Wenzhao's body relaxed, though his fists stayed clenched, as he berated himself for his own powerlessness.

If they didn't make a fuss, Wenren È naturally wouldn't exterminate all of them. Also, Hè Wenzhao was still important to the events of the third volume of God of Annihilation. Before reading the third volume, Wenren È decided to leave him alone for the time being.

Before they departed, Wenren È glanced back at the heartbroken Baili Qingmiao and transmitted to her, "You can follow this Venerable back to Xuanyuan Sect."

Wenren È didn't mind that Qiu Congxue had exposed her identity to avoid being pushed forward to fight him. He'd never expected Qiu Congxue's undercover work to amount to anything. Getting between Baili Qingmiao and Hè Wenzhao was already far beyond his expectations. But her identity put Baili Qingmiao in a bad position. It was uncertain what would happen to Baili Qingmiao if she returned to Shangqing Sect, so Wenren È made his offer, letting Baili Qingmiao choose for herself.

Baili Qingmiao shook her head wordlessly. She had sustained too heavy a shock, and if it weren't for Zhongli Qian forcibly suppressing her emotions, she would've started sobbing on the spot.

Qiu Congxue extended a hand toward Su Huai. She had been planning to raise Su Huai as the next Master of the Hellfire Pavilion—to hell with Shi Congxin.

Su Huai also silently declined. His master was such an idiot; he had to stay.

Zhongli Qian gave Wenren È a nod. With the influence of the Heart-Linking Parasite, he had to return to Shangqing Sect with Baili Qingmiao. With him there, Baili Qingmiao wouldn't face any threats to her life.

The Shangqing Sect disciples could only watch helplessly as Wenren È and Yin Hanjiang left. After spending a moment in a daze, Baili Qingmiao brought out the Moonlit Frost Silk and dashed toward the sea of flames.

"Shimei, what are you doing?" Hè Wenzhao cried.

"Rescuing people!" Baili Qingmiao wiped away her tears. Zhongli Qian's calm let her realize what she must do at this moment.

She couldn't just remain heartbroken at Master Qingxue's betrayal or shocked at Wenren È's ruthlessness. She had to search the field of lava for survivors. Each life she saved counted.

Sensing Baili Qingmiao's feelings, Zhongli Qian sighed. He said to Su Huai, "Do you know why, knowing Baili Qingmiao is this foolish, I keep helping her overcome her infatuation?"

Su Huai shook his head.

"Because Baili Qingmiao is compassionate." Zhongli Qian took off his blindfold, looking at the sea of flames below him. "Even though she knows that Qiu Congxue was a demonic sect member, that she once saved the wrong person, she holds no regrets for her actions and still tries to save others now."

In their twenty-two years of travelling together, this was the first time Su Huai had seen Zhongli Qian's eyes. They were stunningly bright and perceptive eyes, calm and penetrating.

Using the tracking curse, Zhongli Qian could see what no one else could.

He saw how, as Baili Qingmiao charged into the flames, they parted for her and opened up a path. The flames feared her, yet wished to harm her. She sustained burns one after another, but she didn't flinch, continuing her search.