New Techniques

Baili Qingmiao said she was going to change, but Yin Hanjiang ended up waiting outside her door for three days!

After waiting for an hour, Yin Hanjiang started to lose patience, pacing back and forth outside. He wanted to throw the door open, but was concerned Baili Qingmiao wouldn't be dressed and he would see something.

Yin Hanjiang originally didn't care about accidentally seeing a female body. It was just a skin to him. Forget about bodies without clothes, he had seen plenty of bodies without flesh in his life. Of the two Xuanyuan Sect Protectors, one dressed skimpily and one found having flesh distasteful. After knowing these two for so long, it was hard for Yin Hanjiang to have any sense of modesty toward the opposite sex.

Just when he was about to kick the door open, Shu Yanyan, who had been lazing around wherever for the past few days, rushed up and blocked Yin Hanjiang's kick with a smile, standing in front of the door.

"Don't be so impatient, Sect Leader," she said. "How can you barge in as you like on a girl changing?" She looked unruffled on the surface, but on the inside, she was cursing.

Wenren È had just sent her a message, saying that Baili Qingmiao had entered meditation, and since Zhongli Qian was too busy and he really didn't want to bother him anymore, he needed her to come stop Yin Hanjiang from barging in. If Baili Qingmiao was disturbed, the Path of Indifference that she had finally enlightened to would be broken.

Wenren È wanted to go outside and explain himself, but Yin Hanjiang would suffer internal injuries if he saw him. Plus, even the perpetually oblivious Wenren È had learned to be a bit more considerate after causing his lover to cough up blood and nearly die upon confessing to him, and realized that if he emerged from Baili Qingmiao's room, Yin Hanjiang might be affected by the original plot's events and his thoughts might go to wild places.

So he had asked Shu Yanyan, who was closest to Qiu Congxue's rooms, to come help him. As for why it wasn't Qiu Congxue, who was even closer... did that warrant explanation?

When Shu Yanyan visited Zhongli Qian a few days earlier and picked up a strand of his hair from the floor, she had known Wenren È was back and had left Yin Hanjiang still in charge of the sect. Wenren È's presence itself had the ability to keep Xuanyuan Sect in line, so she instantly realized she now had two bosses instead of one, feeling a hint of dismay in her heart.

Most importantly, this time Wenren È specified that Shu Yanyan couldn't mention this was on his orders, so Shu Yanyan was in an even more difficult position. She was starting to understand how Zhongli Qian, as a Mahayana cultivator, could be losing hair.

Brushing a hand over her head of luxuriant black hair, Shu Yanyan smiled at him, saying softly, "Ah, Sect Leader Yin, you may be strong, but your understanding of what men like and what they think about is rather lacking."

She walked near, leaning toward his ear and whispering, "If you barge in and see Baili Qingmiao improperly dressed, do you think the Venerable will be happy?"

Shu Yanyan thought Yin Hanjiang would realize, but he gave the door a disdainful glance and, raising his head, said haughtily, "The Venerable doesn't like Baili Qingmiao."

Shu Yanyan: ...

She was realizing that she had overestimated Yin Hanjiang. Seeing him glance at her smugly and turn to kick the door again, she hurried to stop him. Though gritted teeth, she transmitted, "Of course I know who the Venerable likes, but the problem isn't you seeing Baili Qingmiao changing, it's you seeing anyone besides Wenren È changing, whether male or female!"

Yin Hanjiang's foot was already against the door, prepared to bring down the whole room, but when he heard Shu Yanyan's words, his face immediately turned red. Very slowly, he drew back his foot. Stiffening his face and raising his chin, he looked down on her as he transmitted. "Protector Shu, as one of this sect's pillars, what... do you say I should do in this situation?"