Nowhere to be Found

Wenren È hadn't wanted to hide his plan from Yin Hanjiang. He just wasn't sure whether or not it would succeed.

Not everyone was capable of reinventing themselves. Wenren È may have had some idea of what awaited him in the Blood Hell, but he was only half certain.

Both books said that Wenren È died in the Blood Hell. This time, he came to face death of his own accord. He was defying heaven, taking his own life back from fate.

If he was destined to die, then he wouldn't keep it from Yin Hanjiang. Whether Yin Hanjiang chose to die with him or live on after knowing would depend on him. Wenren È wouldn't force his choice. On the other hand, if he survived, that would be the best outcome.

But it would take some time for his survival to be determined, and Wenren È couldn't be certain what Yin Hanjiang would do in this time. He feared that, not knowing Wenren È's status, Yin Hanjiang would enter the Blood Hell. Wenren È had a chance of survival in the Blood Hell, but Yin Hanjiang would certainly die.

So he figured out a plan to cover all his bases—send Yin Hanjiang to battle Altar Master Yuan.

Yin Hanjiang's strength was about equal to Altar Master Yuan's. Even if Altar Master Yuan had gotten some advantages from the second volume, gaining an edge over Yin Hanjiang, Yin Hanjiang wouldn't lose with Shu Yanyan backing him up. Wenren È understood Shu Yanyan. She would certainly choose the side of the more attractive person.

Yin Hanjiang should be injured after his battle with Altar Master Yuan, and be unable to recover in such a short time. Wenren È had already made a deal with Zhongli Qian in exchange for Baili Qingmiao's safety. Zhongli Qian would be heading to Xuanyuan Sect to hold Yin Hanjiang back while he was injured, telling him Wenren È's plan and convincing him to wait.

Yin Hanjiang's injuries should've taken a few years to heal. After a few years, whether Wenren È survived or failed would've been decided.

By that time, if Wenren È still hadn't returned, Zhongli Qian wouldn't prevent Yin Hanjiang from entering the Blood Hell.

Wenren È hadn't considered the possibility that Yin Hanjiang would far surpass Altar Master Yuan's strength and score a crushing victory, and then reach the Blood Hell in practically the blink of an eye. Yin Hanjiang's light flash wasn't proficient, and typically it would take him a full day to reach the Blood Hell on his sword. Who would've imagined that he could cross the entire continent in less than ten minutes?

The last sound that Wenren È heard was Yin Hanjiang's despairing cry. As he fell into the sea, he thought, this really was the worst possible outcome.

It seemed that Wenren È's death and Yin Hanjiang's madness were predestined, impossible to change.

Yin Hanjiang saw Wenren È fall into the waters. Not even a splash was lifted, as if his entire body had been swallowed and dissolved in an instant. He was no longer able to control his own darker nature. He wished to follow, but his Venerable had forbidden him.

He clutched tight to the black-and-gold robe wrapped around him. His burning red eyes swept across the nine experts surrounding him, and Hè Wenzhao, who was currently fighting over Baili Qingmiao with Qiu Congxue. He slowly opened his mouth, the taste of blood filling it. "Righteous cultivators, die!"

As he spoke, a streak of silver cut through the air. The Army Crushing Spike pierced into the Nanguo elder's body. He had not even had a chance to react.

These flesh injuries were easy to heal, though. The elder swallowed a pill, circulating his spiritual essence, about to force out the blade.

Suddenly, the points of the triangular blade emitted three streaks of harsh light. The Nanguo elder's body was split into three parts, killed instantly.