Poisonous Woman

"Venerable." Shu Yanyan presented Zhongli Kuang's Nascent Soul to Wenren È with both hands.

"It's yours," Wenren È said, not sparing her a glance. "Put your clothes on."

He had underestimated Shu Yanyan's ruthlessness. He'd thought that Shu Yanyan would at least put on her clothes and fight Zhongli Kuang head-on, but instead she had taken action immediately with only a thin blanket wrapped around her. Forget Zhongli Kuang, Wenren È had been taken by surprise after giving the order himself.

Zhongli Kuang was also a decisive person, and seeing that Shu Yanyan had wasted no time in turning on him, also immediately abandoned his body and Nascent Soul, trying to escape as a spirit. However, the black-robed youth standing near him was prepared for anything, and drew his sword to cut off the fleeing soul's path.

"Who are you people? If you kill me, the Zhongli clan won't forgive you!" Zhongli Kuang's soul stammered out.

"Really?" said Wenren È. "Didn't you always believe that the Zhongli clan didn't recognize you, and was willing to dispose of you at any time to further Zhongli Qian's interests?"

Zhongli Kuang's soul wavered at having his deepest thoughts be guessed. People might be able to lie, but it was difficult for a soul to do so, and Wenren È noticed immediately that his words had struck home.

As they spoke, Shu Yanyan had already put on her clothes. She climbed off the bed with perfect grace, and, if she wasn't still holding Zhongli Kuang's corpse-like body, she would've looked like a painting.

Her fingers were like claws, digging into Zhongli Kuang's head as she dragged his body onto the floor. Yet a warm smile graced her face—poisonous woman was certainly a fitting descriptor for her.

"Venerable, Zhongli Kuang leaked a lot of intel in these last few days," Shu Yanyan said. "Any time I said something good about Zhongli Qian, he would call him a self-righteous fake, power-hungry and always mistreating branch family members and bastard children like him. Seeing how deep his resentment for Zhongli Qian is, if you ask this subordinate, the Venerable got it in one."

"You seductress!" Resentment suffused Zhongli Kuang's soul, pouring out as black smoke.

Shu Yanyan smiled. "What if I'm a seductress? You really think seductresses have no standards? I originally had eyes for Zhongli Qian, not you, and I can't believe how much of a self-important loser you are either. I don't even want to absorb your Nascent Soul. If I refined it into elixir and rewarded my subordinates with it, they would at least have some sweet words for me in exchange."

"This Venerable seems to recall that Protector Shu no longer has subordinates," Wenren È said, giving Shu Yanyan a sideways glance.

Shu Yanyan's face fell and her carefree posture slumped. She said obediently, "The entire Xuanyuan Sect belongs to the Venerable. This subordinate is your vanguard and will— ow! Why're you kicking me?"

Yin Hanjiang, upon hearing "vanguard", couldn't help but give her a kick in the kneecap.

"Alkaid is not this Venerable's vanguard," Wenren È said. "You are my right arm."

Yin Hanjiang pulled back his foot and gave Shu Yanyan a nod. "Vanguard."

Shu Yanyan: ...

If she'd known earlier that Wenren È had actually survived battling twenty-one righteous sect experts, she would've let go of her concern for Qiu Congxue and went after him while he was down!

There was nothing she could do about it now. She made a misplay, and now she was a fish for Wenren È to gut in any way he liked.

The ever-flexible Right Protector said, "Venerable, I'll refine Zhongli Kuang's body into a puppet right now."