Wood Carving Practice

Sensing that Wenren È had left the room, Qiu Congxue opened the barrier with perfect timing. Wenren È said to the fuming Baili Qingmiao, "You can have him back. Continue crying if you want."

He then transmitted to Qiu Congxue, "Bring Baili Qingmiao to meet me at the Golden Coast Cliffs. Keep an eye on her, don't let her offer herself to Hè Wenzhao."

In the book, Hè Wenzhao and Baili Qingmiao hadn't gone all the way in their relationship even at the end. It was likely that Hè Wenzhao had genuine feelings for her and didn't want to take her spiritual root. But they couldn't let their guards down because of that. The story had already shown itself to change. They had to keep a careful eye on Baili Qingmiao, and prevent her from falling to any deceptions.

Wenren È considered the situation over and concluded that kidnapping Zhongli Qian would be a necessary action. Even if Baili Qingmiao wouldn't necessarily fall in love with him, he could at least act as an obstacle.

Whenever a new love interest showed up in the book, Hè Wenzhao wouldn't appear for a while, or get into a fight with the love interest. Sometimes, Baili Qingmiao would be woken up by the new love interest's words, right up until the male lead talked her back over.

Now that the plotlines involving Wenren È and Yin Hanjiang were impossible, Wenren È decided to give love interest number two and number four's roles all to Zhongli Qian, and let him distract the female lead for a bit.

Now that he had made his decision, Wenren È went to the administration hall and wrote down that Liu Xinye had lost a hairpin while on patrol and would be right back after finding it.

After descending the mountain, he left Liu Xinye's body. Liu Xinye woke up in the small town at the foot of the mountain with a hairpin in her hand and no idea why she was there. She thought hard but just couldn't remember what she had been doing for this period of time. She shook her head and turned around to return to the mountain. She still had to see her shixiong!

Wenren È, after watching Liu Xinye leave from afar, found a deserted place to reform his body and headed to the meeting point he'd decided with Yin Hanjiang.

He had left Yin Hanjiang in an empty alleyway. When Wenren È used a thread of spiritual cognition to find him, he discovered him holding his sword, leaning against a wall, waiting in the exact same pose as when Wenren È left.

It seemed like if Wenren È never returned, Yin Hanjiang would wait until the end of the world.

Yet the Yin Hanjiang in the book would never see his master return no matter how long he waited.

Wenren È materialized before Yin Hanjiang with a frown and said with some displeasure, "When this Venerable is not around, you can do something of your own preference."

Protector Shu was particularly talented at finding amusement for herself; she could put on an entire performance on her own. If Wenren È had told Shu Yanyan to wait for him, she probably would've found at least three men in that time.

"Venerable!" Yin Hanjiang's eyes brightened in an instant upon seeing Wenren È. Life returned to his entire form, and he no longer seemed like a discarded puppet.

Seeing his joy, Wenren È's annoyance faded some. He couldn't help asking, "When this Venerable is in seclusion, do you usually stand guard like this too?"

"When the Venerable is in seclusion is when his subordinate must be most vigilant," Yin Hanjiang responded.

Which was to say he was usually even more like a puppet. Back at the border town, there was still some life in him.

Wenren È didn't say anything, and let Yin Hanjiang bring him on his sword to the Golden Coast Cliffs. Baili Qingmiao was merely at Nascent Soul Stage, and even with Qiu Congxue to carry her their speed would be very limited. Wenren È wasn't in any rush.