Brilliant Plan, Venerable

Wenren È was an unfeeling man. The book's description of him was that he had no eyes for anyone on earth except Baili Qingmiao. He would take the moon and the stars from the heavens for Baili Qingmiao. A character like that attracted hordes of fans, and every time there was a scene in which he was alone with her, the readers would all be engrossed and cheering them on.

One of their typical interactions was: The night Hè Wenzhao was to be married to the Violet Spirit Pavilion Master, Baili Qingmiao was injured and accompanied by Wenren È as she gazed at the night sky filled with stars. She pointed at the stars of the Cowherd and Weaver Girl separated by the Milky Way and said, "Such a happy couple, why did they need to be torn apart?"

A single tear slid down her pale face. The bright-eyed and smiling young girl from the beginning had long since vanished. Even though cultivators almost never aged after Foundation Establishment and she still looked the same age of eighteen, her heart had grown much older.

Wenren È raised a hand and covered Baili Qingmiao's eyes. "Before I become a god, don't look at the stars."

"Why?" Baili Qingmiao said in confusion.

"It's said that when a cultivator ascends to godhood, they can change the stars and galaxies to their liking. I will bring the Cowherd's star to the other side of the Milky Way."

Baili Qingmiao was amused and nodded. "Okay. Until you become a god, I won't look at the night sky again."

In the end Wenren È died without being able to ascend to godhood, but he fulfilled his promise to Baili Qingmiao nonetheless. Baili Qingmiao was able to regain her divine essence thanks to the arrangements Wenren È had made prior to his death. In the moment she merged with the divine essence, the heavens trembled and stars shifted, and the Cowherd and Weaver Girl were brought to each other's sides. The power unleashed by the changing stars instantly turned a continent into an ocean.

This was the power of a primordial god. The moment the goddess of calamities reclaimed her place, chaos was unleashed across the world.

When Baili Qingmiao came back to her senses and saw that she had destroyed an entire continent, she thought back to her shixiong's teachings and the words of that ascended god in her past life. She didn't want to be a god, to disrupt the stars so casually, so she abandoned her divinity.

The Cowherd and Weaver Girl didn't return to their original places, though. They were finally together, like the two protagonists in the end.

Regarding this plotline, the readers discussed like crazy that it was Wenren È's love for the female lead even after his own death, saying that if this man wanted to pamper someone, he would really go to any lengths, he wouldn't let her suffer any grievance—even if he died, he would be there for her until the end.

Wenren È had no reaction when he read this part and the discussion about it, because he knew how fickle he really was.

Xuanyuan Sect had countless subordinates who would wholeheartedly dedicate themselves to him, but Wenren È never paid them any mind. He knew this dedication was built on the power he possessed that could crush all opposition. If someone else had the same power, those people would show the same kind of devotion. The target of this devotion wasn't Wenren È, it was the strength of a Mahayana stage cultivator.

As for familial bonds, Wenren È had already set them aside when he entered the Dao. Three hundred years had passed, and there was no one with his bloodline left on the earth.

What he had with Baili Qingmiao was the workings of karma and heavenly law, and couldn't be counted as love.

He was alone in this world, and there was nothing in the world that would tie him to it after he left.