A Handful of Moonlight

Qiu Congxue's cultivation was suppressed by the seal on Nine Cauldrons Mountain, and her strength was currently roughly equal to Baili Qingmiao's.

Baili Qingmiao forced back Qiu Congxue's hand and rolled out from underneath her, getting out of her range.

She seemed about to say something, then suddenly her face flushed and she ran off. In a moment, she came back with a black robe in her arms, which she threw onto Qiu Congxue. She turned her face away and said, "Senior... please put something on."

"Huh?" Qiu Congxue looked down at her body which was as full and curvaceous as Shu Yanyan's, and didn't see anything wrong with it.

She had gotten used to walking here and there as a skeleton, and long since forgotten what it was like to have a flesh body.

She was still fuming, but when Baili Qingmiao backed off, she calmed down a bit and realized her cultivation was being suppressed. Without spiritual energy, she stopped lashing out at her savior and coldly watched as Baili Qingmiao blushed and ran off for clothes.

Qiu Congxue slowly put on the robe. She squinted at Baili Qingmiao and suddenly said, "You're Baili Qingmiao?"

"I am." Baili Qingmiao only turned fully around after seeing that Qiu Congxue was dressed properly. "Did senior hear me muttering to myself while you were unconscious?"

She hadn't heard it, but that passage like a excerpt of text or someone reading a story by her ear had told her this girl was called Baili Qingmiao.

Speaking of which, that name Baili Qingmiao seemed kind of familiar.

Qiu Congxue wasn't like Shu Yanyan, constantly full of wicked ideas and acting behind people's backs. Altar Master Qiu never used her mouth if she could use her fists. Well, mouths were involved, but it was the mouths of her hungry ghosts.

Though she was lying in wait to kill Wenren È, Shu Yanyan was a dedicated Sect Protector, helping Wenren È sort out the sect's business, keeping the smaller sects under Xuanyuan Sect firmly in line, while not forgetting to pick a few good-looking men from them to take home with her. She made every move to build Wenren È's trust, while only wanting to indulge herself and steal the life force of a Mahayana cultivator.

Too bad that Wenren È was blind and really treated beautiful women like dirt. Every time Shu Yanyan showed a hint of seductive power, she'd be thoroughly dealt with, and so had settled down a lot after a few decades.

On the other hand, Qiu Congxue also wanted to overthrow Wenren È, but never concealed her hostility and had an agreement to duel him every ten years. At the present time, she had already had all the bones in her body smashed five times by Wenren È.

Shu Yanyan often said Qiu Congxue's brain had been eaten by a hungry ghost, and that was pretty much the truth. A thousand year old ghost lived in her skull and served as her hidden ace, which she didn't bring out lightly.

Baili Qingmiao... Qiu Congxue thought for a long time, and finally remembered that Shu Yanyan had mentioned her eleven years ago. She was the talented disciple who Wenren È favored, the one he wanted to steal from Shangqing Sect and have practice the Path of Indifference.

"You're a Core Formation disciple of Shangqing Sect?" Qiu Congxue asked.

"I am. Have we met before, senior?"

Core Formation at eighteen was certainly unprecedented, but Baili Qingmiao was now twenty-nine and still at Core Formation, so that was a bit less special.

"Stick out your hand," Qiu Congxue commanded. She typically commanded hordes of ghosts and was used to ordering others around. Fortunately, Baili Qingmiao was obedient and respected her as a Mahayana cultivator, so stuck out her hand without hesitation.