Tidying Up the Sect Again

A fierce four-sided battle was currently going on at the Xuanyuan Sect Main Hall.

Altar Master Miao was trying to convince Altar Master Shi to fight Altar Master Ruan, Altar Master Shi was giving up and not helping either side, Altar Master Ruan wanted to team up with Qiu Congxue, but Qiu Congxue was determined to take all three on at once. Finally, it developed into a scene where Altar Masters Miao, Shi, and Ruan teamed up against Qiu Congxue, while Miao and Ruan took potshots at each other from time to time, and Shi hid whenever he could.

Suddenly, a streak of cold light shot into the room. An earthshaking force caused the four to instantly stop and back off, trying to flee as quickly as possible. However, three streaks of fierce sword light slashed through the place where they were fighting. The tortoise shell that Altar Master Ruan hadn't had time to pick up was split into pieces in an instant.

Altar Master Shi clutched his chest in terror. Good thing he was quick at hiding, because the sword light was vicious, able to split your flesh open at a touch. The attacker hadn't held back in the least, as if they didn't care which of them were cut apart by the slash.

Wondering who was so merciless, Shi Congxin peeked out and saw Deputy Sect Leader Yin, wearing a crimson robe, with a silver belt that outlined the slim shape of his waist.

"Yin Hanjiang, do you want to die?" Altar Master Ruan yelled, looking heartbrokenly at his tortoise shell. "Do you also want to become the Lord of Demons? Come on! Whoever's stronger will—"

Yin Hanjiang waved a hand. Translucent qi in the shape of a drumstick smacked into Altar Master Ruan's chestplate.

Altar Master Ruan's armor was said to have been made from the Xuanwu's shell, and was a top-grade defensive item, stronger than many smaller sects' wards. However, under Yin Hanjiang's strike, his chestplate shattered in an instant. It felt like his chest had been hit by the weight of an entire mountain. He flew out of the room, and might've gone much further if the sect's array didn't block him.

When he crawled back up the mountain, covered with dust, he heard Yin Hanjiang's cold voice echoing across the Main Hall. "After Wenren È, no one can be titled Venerable."

"What do you mean?" Qiu Congxue said furiously. "Now that Wenren È's dead, it's no issue if you want to become the Lord of Demons, you just gotta fight for it. But if you don't want it, what gives you the right to stop other people?"

Shu Yanyan, who had rushed over when the array was broken: ...

"I thought I'd be in time to save her," she said to Zhongli Qian. "Oh well. Might be better for her to get a beating."

She grabbed for Zhongli Qian's hand, deciding to back off, but reached for empty air. Turning, she saw that Zhongli Qian, who had been alongside her the whole way, had already backed a hundred meters away with Su Huai.

Shu Yanyan: ...

This man with both looks and brains certainly never missed anything.

She retreated plenty fast, but was still hit by a flying Qiu Congxue. Her soft body caught Qiu Congxue's rack of bones.

Shu Yanyan had brought out her spider lily, preventing her from being sent flying all the way to the mountain's array like Altar Master Ruan. She managed to stand back up, tossing Qiu Congxue aside. After looking more closely, she saw Qiu Congxue really was on her last legs, and the remaining flesh on her face was also gone.

She said to Qiu Congxue, "Ah, you find trouble everywhere you can, and never learn your lesson until you get hurt."

She placed a slim foot on Qiu Congxue's face, her eyes curving into a smile. Spider lilies bloomed around Altar Masters Shi and Miao, displaying a clear threat.